Hiding scars in a very hot summer?

its winter now so my self harm scars are really easy to hide, but what do I do when its summer? here in australia it gets really hot id pass out if i wore long sleeves. how effective is waterproof makeup against sweat? suggestions?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 3

• some will show and what's the problem with that? they are part of your story. of course you don't need to explain them, if someone asks just make something up or tell them it's none of their business.

• please just stop doing that and think about why you harm yourself. There are always good people out there to help you.

• how about you dont create them in the first place
    idiot teenagers -.-

What Girls Said 4

• the sun might help them out a bit, actually.
    sucks, but you kinda gotta live with the scars...

• I don't know why you have to hide your scars? Don't be ashamed of them! I have scars too but I like when people see them :)

• Wear braclets, bangles..
    And buy an scar reduction cream. It might fade til Summer..

• Try one of those oils/creams like "Mederma" that are used to make scars less noticeable/get rid of scars. They should be at drugstores and places like Target and Wal Mart. I've never tried either, but my mom has for scars from stomach surgery and I can't even notice them anymore.