Do you think people have the right to deny things that are obviously true?

As the question says above, do you think this kind of thinking is beneficial to society? Or does it matter at all?

0|0
5|9

Most Helpful Guy

• It's obvious that Earth doesn't move and that the Sun turns around it. The Bible is clear:
    Joshua 10:12-13: On the day the LORD gave the Amorites over to Israel, Joshua said to the LORD in the presence of Israel: "O sun, stand still over Gibeon, O moon, over the Valley of Aijalon." So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, till the nation avenged itself on its enemies, as it is written in the Book of Jashar. The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day.
    1 Chronicles 16:30: Fear before him, all the earth: the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved.
    Psalm 19:6: It [the sun] rises at one end of the heavens and makes its circuit to the other; nothing is hidden from its heat.
    Psalm 93:1: The LORD reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the LORD is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is established, that it cannot be moved.
    Psalm 96:10: Say among the heathen that the LORD reigneth: the world also shall be established that it shall not be moved: he shall judge the people righteously.
    Psalm 104:5: (Bless the LORD. . .) Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.
    Ecclesiastes 1:5: The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose.

Everyone can see it with his own eyes every day. Just observe it.
    But Liberals pretend that it turns around itself and around the Sun.
    Do you think this kind of thinking is beneficial to society? Or does it matter at all?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• You have the right to deny whatever you like. There was a time when the earth was flat, a time when radiation was considered the best medicine so what things do we believe as "obvious truths" that are completely ridiculous? To experience true growth as humans we should always question. However, don't take away the rights of others to hold their beliefs.

0|2
    0|0
    • Actually that was a myth, people have never thought the earth was flat. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_flat_Earth

I agree, until there's reason to reject something, humans should stick to what's obvious.

• Show All
    • How do you know the populace did? Lol

It's actually very easy to tell the earth is round. Look at the sun, look at the moon, and you can see the reflection of the earth on the moon.

• I agree that it's obvious lol... but they also believed in witches... not a ton of common sense

• Yes they do but they shouldn't get mad when someone disagree with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone has the right to having their own opinion. Having differences is beneficial to society or social change would never happen.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, because you're hurting a bunch of other people.

0|0
    0|0
  • i dont think so.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• yes, they should have the right to citicise.
    Because if we hadn't done that, we would've never developed. CHALLENGING the truths is how you progress.
    In the middle ages, christinaity were among one of those "obviously true" things. And we see how policing that turned out...

0|0
    0|0
    • Actually, Christianity is the reason why we live in a civilized society today. In many more ways then the obvious.

• Yes, but it also had its flaws. Like the whole part of resisting science and all that stuff, and the crusades...
      I just took one example, and put it into effect with your logic to prove why the "obviously true" facts of today might be proven wrong tomorrow, and how doing what you suggest can and will hamper progress!

• You mean like belief in religions? It can have positive results, but I think there could be better ways. The primary purpose would be to make people feel dread to prevent them from doing stuff that society doesn't like people doing, but is it worth putting your responsibility in the hand of a deity that has no real influence? Nah.

0|0
    1|0
  • Could you provide a few examples please? It's not a matter of right I think as everyone is entitled to think whatever they want about anything as long as they don't abuse other people with their opinions. I mean, if you believe water won't make you wet and I know you are wrong... what's the problem with that?

0|0
    0|0
  • You can obviously deny something true... it's called free will... but than you have to be ready to face the consequences if you get caught in your lie.

0|0
    0|0
  • No but they will anyways cause most of our behaviors have to do with our parent's upbringing.

0|0
    0|0
  • people have a right to think what they want

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course people can do that and have the right to deny everything, That called laying!

0|0
    0|0
  • Let me guess, this is about political correctness.

0|0
    0|0