Pressured to be a model?

So my family is pressuring me badly to be a model. My mother is a graphic and web design artist and wants to make me my own website and modeling portfolio. However my boyfriend doesn't want me to do modeling. I'm so frustrated. The only reason I would do modeling is so I can have money to take care of my daughter and have money to go see my boyfriend. He lives 2 hrs away. I don't know what to do. I don't want to lose him but I need the money. Any suggestions?

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you even have the requirements to be a model?

What Guys Said 5

• If you can make a living from it, I would consider it.

• I don't see why he'd care unless you're doing nude or sexually charged photoshoots

• I wouldn't say that you could be a model, it requires a lot of work and weight loss in your case. Do what you wanna do, tell your mother you don't have it to be a model

• Don't feel bad @hypno-trip you win some you lose some.

• I think you look pretty but losing weight could help especially if you want to model... hope you don't mind

• Nice b8 m8 I r8 it gr8. Seriously though, this has to be a troll post.

• Not to sound like an ass but, you, a model? Uhhhh

What Girls Said 4

• Who cares if your boyfriend doesn't want you to model? That's controlling and inappropriate as hell for him to impede an opportunity of yours because of "what he wants". If he's a good boyfriend, he will support you. It's not like you're joining the porn industry. He will be okay.
    Model. Always choose your passions over a man if he puts you in that position. Your passions won't turn their back on you: a man most likely eventually will.

• Well... not just anyone can be a model.

Especially a successful one at that.

Do you feel you have what it takes?
    if you really want to make more money , why limit your options?

Apply to as many different job fields are you can.

• Do you enjoy it? If you don't want to do it, there are other ways to make money.

• I think you should talk to him, whether over the phone or in person, and explain your situation. Try and get him to see your side of the problem.
    However, if you really don't want to model, it's still your choice.

I hope it helps!