What are the top 5 places to visit in Europe (to those whom have travelled here)?

I just finished high school and I've decided to take a gap year to travel the world starting with Europe seeing as it's the easiest as I live in London and can pretty much drive or take a train anywhere. So to those who live in Europe or have travelled, what cities or countries would you suggest? Please and thank you!

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on the kind of activity you prefer.. I like Northern countries like Finland, Denmark and Netherlands, if you prefer warmer climate, go to Spain, Italy, France - they're a little bit cheaper and the cities/villages there are rather ancient, with a lot of places of cultural and historical value. Before planning a trip, check special websites for tourists with useful recommendations and reviews ( tripadvisor, foursquare, http://euroguide.co.uk - you can also book a hotel and order a taxi here)

What Guys Said 4

• -Rome
    -Paris
    -London
    -Athens
    -Barcelona
    -Venice
    -Toscane

-Berlin
    -the 'Provence'

• Just being to Madrid it was amazing

• I'd like to see western Europe

• Amsterdam, South of france, Spain, Morocco. Been to a number of these places

What Girls Said 2

• In no particular order:

1) Ireland is quite something to see. But in summer only, winter, fall and spring is miserable mostly.
    Alternativley Iceland is kinda like Ireland a bit nature wise but more rough

2) Southern Italy. Italy in general s great but if you have to focus on one area, I'd go with the south, Rome, Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento, Sardinia, Palermo...

3) Croatia. Beautiful country, coast and inland. King's Landing is shot in Dubrovnik. And it's cheap

4) The Alps, espescially in winter for obvious reasons. But summer is nice too.

5) Greece and Turkey. Greece has so many beautiful islands, you could spend months just traveling those. It's neighbour, turkey, as a few good places too and kinda oriental culture

Bonus Round:

If you're religious or just like a physical challenge, walk the camino de Santiago

And not Europe technically, but Morrocco is close and gorgous

• The 3 most beautiful cities in Italy
    Milano
    Rome
    Venice
    And then Ibiza Spain (just to party), nothing else to do in Spain. The place is broke as fuck.
    Croatia.