Why do guys prefer girls without makeup?

Most Helpful Guy

• I like her, for who she is, not how she looks. When she wears makeup she seems to be someone else, like she cares more about what everyone else sees, like they are judging her, or something I don't understand.
    I don't want some 'plastic' person, but someone that is REAL, and honest. I want her to know that I love her, for her, and not how she looks!! It is a 'diminishing returns' process, anyway, aging. At some point, the makeup can't hide the age. What are you left with, if you don't have something like love, or intimate companionship?

What Guys Said 15

• 1. Seems you've come across more guys like me than the other types lol
    2. Make up is good within limits i. e. to enhance certain features
    3. But overdoing them which is the case a lot of times kills the real look of the woman
    4. End of the day the man is attracted to the woman that he can see for what she is :)

• Because I like to get what I saw not what I thought that I was going to be getting. I also like to horseplay with girls so that they sweat their WAR PAINT off (if they have some on) so I can see how they really look. But then again I don't mess with girls who wear anything besides mascara/lipstick.

• For me it's not an either / or kind of thing. I think girls can look really great with a little makeup, tastefully applied. I think what turns guys off is when there is just too damned much of it, and the girl looks like a clown, and you can actually see the layer of caked on makeup. I think a lot of girls underestimate just how attractive they are with either no makeup or just a little bit.

• I think because natural beauty is very attractive... and because we like our girl as she is :-)
    A little make-up often adds value but sometimes you see girls who look like a paint job... that's a turn off :-(

• I don't know just the natural look appeals more - To me makeup highlights an artificial look.

• Because guys prefer to see the girl's natural beauty and be confident in her looks without having to resort to such things.

• They think they do, but they don't. Most guys are clueless about make-up.

• A lot of guys say they prefer girls without makeup, but as soon as they see a girl go without them they'll say, "Wow you look tired."

• I prefer little to no make up because it comes across as a sign of maturity to me (although this is not backed up in any way really). I think that it looks better, girls really put them selves down way to much to be honest. I like to actually be able to see the girl im with, not a mask.

• i don't like when they wear makeup that is too noticeable. Some women go overboard.

• It's a bit of a sweeping statement isn't it?

• Because they are more honest.

• Well, I like the natural look, and I like the feeling knowing that they don't try to impress me

• guys think it will make them endearing to women if they say they think women look better without makeup. i don't know if it has the desired effect but i will always tell it true and say girls look far better with makeup on.

• I know a girl that looks much better without makeup, and I'm 100% serious.

What Girls Said 8

• Do they?

They like a natural look - not a heavier than your own body weight look...

• You hear that a lot, but then a guy comes around thinking I'm not wearing make-up...
    Guys know nothing about make-up. They just think about Jersey Shore make-up, but most girls don't have that.

• do they? really? thats good.. for me.. haha.. i m just lazy.. :P

• because thats the way they will look when you take a bath go to the beach and wake up with him without traying or covering your face your being true and its confident not thtat girls who wear makeup have low self esteem but still i just like to wear simple makeup like powder mascara and lip gloss :)

• i wear 0 makeup! in my profile picture I've got nothing on. I rather have a guy know what I look like actually right away then have him see it on his pillow the next morning lol

• They don't usually know what they are talking about. But it could either mean it's being put on too heavily or not well because if it's a little and we'll applied that's what guys think is no makeup moat of the time

• Guys always say they do but if they saw a girl without makeup they would cringe or make fun

• No they think they want a girl whitout makeup, but in reality they don't have any idea how a girl whitout makeup looks. They actually want a girl with a "natural" makeup (that can even include eyeliner and well placed fake lashes)

Many guys would be surprised to learn, that this girl didn't woke up like that:
    gloryboon.files.wordpress.com/.../...p-orogold.jpg

Bless their ignorant souls.

• I agree with this one.

• *Didn't wAke up.

• Skin is perfect. She's a blonde so her eyelashes probably aren't dark without mascara. And she has eyeliner and lip gloss and no way does hair ever look like that rolling out of bed. She's obviously gorgeous and it isn't natural. I do think girls more often than not look prettier with makeup. Just not caked on