How come science says woman like bearded guys, but every time I see a couple the guy has no beard?

yeah whats up with that, i really like how zac efron his beard, or a full beard but every time i sit outside at work, i work in a city, a fashionable city, people dress nice, awesome shopping area, lots of students, i see guys with no beards or hardly any beard walking around with girls. tell me wtf , science proofs, woman vote for this but the outcome is different

Most Helpful Guy

• It's simple. Mate protection. Once in a relationship, the girl wants him to shave because 1) it shows some level of commitment/submission to her and 2) it makes him less attractive, so she doesn't have to worry as much about other women competing for him.

What Girls Said 3

• Not everyone can grow a full beard and have it look nice and work with their face. Plus I can't imagine it's pleasant to kiss or be eaten out by someone with a hairy face.
    Also a lot of jobs prefer that you shave

• i have mixed feelings about it, i think beard suits me but seeing all these beardless dudes with girls by their side makes me wonder, note, i dont have a problem finding girls, i dated 3 girls last year, had a married woman flirting with me, been intimate with all, but the married woman. it just makes me wonder i alter my looks a lot but no idea why.

• Well did he girls you were with ever mention anything about your beard?

• a beard is not a preference for me...

• I don't like beards that much to be honest.

What Guys Said 5

• I don't think I would look good with a beard. At most, I think I can just barely pull off the look of not shaving for a week or two, the "adventurer" look. But for the most part, my face looks best with a clean shave.

Also, I'm not A.) a Dwarf or B.) a folk music fan. I like my electricity and modern technology just fine!

• The beard is making a comeback - I was in Madrid last week and every second young guy had a beard.

• Ya, there's maybe one study that says that but that's not evidence. You need a consensus of scientists to make it true.

• I think it differs according to each woman.
    I believe she likes how it looks but hates the feeling of the beard.

• Science definitely won't say women like bearded guys. It'll be something like the majority of women like bearded guys, or bearded guys seem more attractive, or something like that. It won't be referencing all females preference, for sure.