Can someone explain those taxi protests in France?

All I understand is that taxi drivers are pissed and flipping cars over because of an app called Uber.

Most Helpful Guy

• It lets regular people steal their jobs so they're doing one of the only things they can to keep their jobs and their dignity. Uber should have gotten permission from the taxi companies and their unions if they didn't want trouble.

• Oh, so that's what unlicensed taxi means?

• No that's completely different but Uber steals the professional taxi customers in another way. Uber could have avoided all the problems they caused if they weren't so greedy.

What Guys Said 2

• These apps use unlicensed taxis.

• Well all I can say is Uber is a known violator of regulations in many countries. It gives shitty service but at a cheap prize so people are willing to buy it. Even most people are without morals these days who decide to buy unregulated/unlicensed services just because it is cheap. I don't have much background about protest in France.

What Girls Said 1

• Frankly speaking, I don`t understand all that alarums and excursions about Uber. I don`t like its service at all. I prefer using an online service that is well organized and quite cheap.