I am not happy with my life? I really want advice?

I'm a 19 year old girl going to university next year for nursing. I don't even know if that is what I want anymore. I don't know what I want to do with my life and something in the back of my head is saying it's not nursing. ( i feel like I just applied to it because there is a lot of jobs for it ). Plus I worked my butt off to get it. I needed high marks in college to get it ( I took general and had a 90% average ).

I lost friends this year. My boyfriend cheated on me and when my group of friends had to choose between him or me they chose him. I only have two friends right now and they are both busy most of the time. I have a job too but I hate it. I need money for school. I don't have a lot of money. I use to be really into sports in high school but I can't do them anymore. I got injured pretty badly ( my shoulder, just had surgery a year ago ). A lot of jobs I can't do (but want to do) because I don' t have perfect vision and it can't be fixed. ( firefighter, police etc.)

Everyday I feel like I'm wasting my life. Just waiting to start school ( something I don't want to do ). I wish I could just travel. See the world and try new things. go skydiving, climb a mountain. just do crazy things all the time. I don't mind writing. I just don't think I am that great at it. I want a career allows me to be creative. I love trying new things and meeting new people. Just I don't feel like I was meant for health care.

Any advice or ideas? What careers may I like? I just want to be happy. I think I need a bit of guidance.

Most Helpful Guy

• You have worked hard to get where you are... that's a lot of stress. Maybe you do need to just go and see the world and experience new places, people and things. You are still young and put your nose to the grind stone later. What is a year? It could be the best year of your life or it could be the year you learn that you need a goal and structure. Who knows. But my gut tells me you are not ready for the next stage. You need a break. one bit of advice. Choose a job eventually you are passionate about. Screw money It only buys stuff. You will be working a long time it better be something you enjoy.

What Guys Said 7

• It's cliche to say, but life is a journey. Sometimes you have to trudge through the muck to find the shore. No one can isolate what it is that will make you happy in life; you must discover this on your own. But, with a bit of commitment, and a willingness to try new things, something will surely stick. More importantly, you have to exercise discipline. One common element separating the happy from the unhappy is a willingness to persevere.

With respect to career, isolate the common elements of your sought after professions. If firefighting or law enforcement are not reasonable goals, what similarities do these professions share that you find attractive? Is it because you desire to help people? Well, with the foundational knowledge to pursue nursing, perhaps you could transition into something like paramedic services.

• I think you answered your own question in the last paragraf. Follow your heart , you are young , allow yourself to make mistakes. I know where you are , depression , I was cheated by my ex I went to collage I hated economy... This Sunday I´m flying for Leipzig Germany where I will continue my education and have a secured job. But in between I worked on a Cruse ship , as an animator and met a lot and a lot off great and positive people that motivated me and from whome I learned. Balance is the key , have personal and professional life , try everything positive. And work on yourself , try every day to be better then you were tomorrow

• I took intro to medicine first year of college and decided I hated health care and I liked science and research instead. I like traveling but I don't want to do it now when I have no money. I suggest thinking of something that makes money rather than something that takes up money like what you said.

• I'm in the same boat at the moment, I'm not excited for the course that I'm going to be doing but just for the social life. I've got 2-3 friends now that college and school have finished. If you do go to uni I'm sure that it will all pick up, everyone tells me that it will all get better at university.
    Good luck, if you need a chat you can PM me.

• Check out Holland Codes & Career Decisions

• Hey just relax! I'm 25 and still looking for what I want to do!! Friends/relationships come and go!!

I know how you feel

• Just apply for a bunch of aid. Nobody really needs a job anymore.

What Girls Said 1

• wow you sound just like me, because I was in a crazy similar situation 2 years ago. I was a Marketing Major and literally could not get out of bed in the morning for classes anymore- it was bad. I felt alone, because I am not very preppy and everyone else is. So, I took some time off from school and practiced yoga on the beach in Hawaii and found myself. And now I want to be lawyer. My best advice for you is to take time. Meditate on it. Just think and do what you want to do. No one else will be feeling the way you are with any career, so you need to make sure that you will be happy. Happiness is the most important thing. My favorite saying is, "create a vision that makes you want to jump out of bed everyday." Just something to think about! Hope you find your happiness :)