If you could know the future, would you do it under these rules?

If knowing it means:
You can't change the future, it is set in stone as soon as you know it,
Nobody else knows the future,
You get given a lot of detail and a lot of information about what you want to know, perhaps more than you would like.

For example, you could want to know about your death. Suddenly, you know when and how you will die, but will not be able to stop it.

Would you use this power if you was given it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe we have free will and therefore cannot imagine this scenario as even possible, even as a thought experiment.

• A thought experiment is a mental assessment of the implications of a hypothesis. The idea is you can know the future, but doing so costs you your free will at the particular moment of the thing you know.

• Sorry it took so long. A little of both, but really mostly for personal gain.

• No worries :) and interesting.

What Girls Said 4

• I would not want to know the future because knowing the future might change it.

• Nope. If I couldn't change it, what's the point? Let me find out.

• No, I wouldn't want to. There's pros and cons to know about the future. For me, personally I'd rather unravel it myself.

• Not even one bit.

What Guys Said 6

• well that just isn't possible. Like if you know you're gonna die from a gun shot wound on June 27 2030 at the grocery store... then you would definitely know not to go to the store that day thus you've extended your life. Knowing the future allows to make preemptive choices

• The idea of the scenario is that you couldn't change it. So if you wanted to know how you died, it's be June 27th 2030 via gunshot, with the store bit emitted.

• Can you use the facts to make bets on events to make money.

• I rather not know to be honest

• Yeah cause I can what I want. I can walk into a battle feuld and know I won't die because. in the future I died because I got hit by a metro bus. so I'm not gonna die in Iraq they ain't got no metro lol

• Great idea! :P

• aw shit. I pee my pants. And scream damn you buses damn you lol

• Haha lol!

• These rules are impossible just the fact that I know the future before it happens changes the future

• The whole thing is impossible; I'm not actually proposing you'll be offered the ability to look into the future. I was just curious as to how many people are willing to give up their free will for information like that.

• No I hate spoilers and if couldn't even use it to my advantage there would be no point

• Yes, I would use it to gamble and get rich.