Am I considered poor?

I make $10 an hour while the hourly wage is $8.05. Have around 3k in my savings. Live in a townhome and own a Hyundai elantra 2013. My credit score is in the 700's. Am I doing alright for being 20?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• You're pretty rich in my book. When I had a job I was getting 1.5$ per hour. And I've no idea what credit score is, or what a hyundai elantra is, though I guess it's a motorbike or car

Tip: When you add a poll don't ask 2 opposite questions. "Am I considere poor?", " Am I doing alright for being 20?". I guess the poll goes to the first as it's the question title but judging from the poll results most people thought the opposite.

What Guys Said 14

• all I know is you're doing good, that credit score is nice, the car is nice, $10/hourly for a 20 year old ain't bad, at least its not minimum wage. and you have something in savings.

• You are poor if you cannot afford the lifestyle you desire.
    You are rich if you can.

Not everyone desires the same lifestyle.
    Some drive themselves mad by desiring one unobtainable.

• Keep at it, i would highly advice investing at a young age, i don't want to say how much i have in public but trust me if you can invest, it's to your advantage. Hey you're doing good. 2013 elantra is a good car. Did you buy straight cash or loan? if you don't want to answer in public it's ok. I'm in finance so any financial help you want just message me. But you're doing ok for a 20 year old starting a new life. Just keep at it. You can message me if you want for some financial tips, up to you. You're doing good.

• I call bull****. So, you gross $20,800 annually. Where do you live, do you have a car, insurance, cell phone, electricity, fuel & oh yea, do you EAT? Unless you have a trust fund I don't believe you.

• I still live with relatives. Do you not believe me?

• Makes sense now. Sure, I believe you. The poverty line in the U. S. Is $23,850 per household so, as long as you're living with family you're not poor. Forgive me.

• Seems ok to me

• For your age, no. Probably above average.

• For your age you're doing fine.

• Not at all

• Duh. Im in the same position minus the job/place to live and 2013 car... I only have a 2012 :'(

• Very good man. Honest.

You can be way lower at your age and still be anywhere before ur consider late.

Ur ahead of the game mate!!

• Your credit looks great and right now you are doing pretty well for yourself all things considered.

• that's not poor

• I don't make any money. LOL. I don't got a job and I'm older than you. :D

• Please stop asking.

Once a day I see you posting a variation of this question.
    You're 20 years old.
    You have $2,000-$3,000 in your savings.
    You make $10/hr.
    You keep asking us if that's alright.
    It's fine.
    Keep saving.
    Keep building credit.

If I see this question again tomorrow, I'm flagging it for duplication.

• Ok I apologize. Thanks for the honest feedback

What Girls Said 4

• Troll question?

You are doing well.

• Are you fishing right now?

• For your age, I think you're doing better than most.

• No. If you're poor, I'm in bad bad bad shape myself. I make way less. lol.