Is there any hope?

Sorry it's a long story lol. So I have a good friend who's sister (17) has a crush on me. He let me know right around the first time all three of us started hanging out. She and I have gotten along really well so far, I make her laugh a lot and I think she's really cute and funny. Well I have been trying to lay down a few subtle hints to let her know I'm interested in her as well, and I think she kind of picked up on them, but then recently something kind of bad happened. We were sitting and eating, her, my friend, their mom, and me. And i got up to put my dishes away and I heard them all talking in a hushed way. So I come back and they were all acting weird. Then after just like a minute, her mom just blurted out "(girl) wants to know if you have a crush on her" and naturally the girl got upset at her mom and then she said she was gonna lock herself in her room. Well I had to go right home so I couldn't try and talk to her. Ever since then she has kind of avoided me. I don't really know what I should do or how to handle it. I don't know her really really well but she's really nice, funny, and pretty and I think that there could be something between us. Please help.

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you know any of her social media pages - If you can get added, send her a DM and let her know how you feel.

What Girls Said 1

• First of all, your story not really long, I've seen worst. Ok anyway, she felt embarrassed with her mom doesn't mean she not interest with you anymore, that's why she avoiding you. If you like her or try to be normal, then talk to her if possible.
    What do you mean by something? Do you like her or you just feel comfort around her? by the way, how old she is?

What Guys Said 2

• There is always hope. Persistent is key

• Yeah it's over.