Is paternity testing misogyny?

Is paternity testing misogyny?

Most Helpful Girl

• The thing you posted is ridiculous, and I don't know anyone who actually thinks that way.

I would say that there are some men who act like women as a whole are dishonest, untrustworthy, cheaters, etc. who lie about paternity to get money from men, and I think that attitude is misogynistic.

The reality is that some women have multiple male sex partners, either when they are single or when they are in a relationship (cheaters), and that they may, either purposefully or ignorantly, lead a man to believe that he is the father of her child. This is a problem and I think that men absolutely have the right to know if a child is theirs and to not raise or pay child support for a child that isn't theirs. The only problem I have is with people who think that the majority of women are like this.

However, if we accept that a man is not responsible for a child that is not biologically his (which I do), one question that should be addressed is: What rights does a man have if he finds out that the child is not his but still wants to be part of that child's life? As a hypothetical, what if a man raised a child for 8 years believing it is his child. He and his wife divorce, and she tells him at this point that the kid isn't his, and paternity testing proves it. He decides he doesn't care because he loves the child. Does he have any right to be in that child's life if the mother does not want him to be?

What Girls Said 4

• I don't think so. If you're married and sleep with someone else then you're a cheater and your husband should not have to pay for the child. It's not his child.

• I don't think so. A woman always knows when a kid is hers. A man doesn't. If he feels that he really wants to ask for a test it should be his prerogative.

• Um no. What you copy pasted makes no sense

• i dont think so.

What Guys Said 9

• That is way out logic - It is paternity taking to nth degree - Ok if a man has lived as a child's father for years there is an emotional family bond that shouldn't be broken for the childs sake ( which is proper and correct ) but to say a wife can cuckhold a man by getting pregnant with another man then expect first man to support family is pure daft.

• Dude, this got me soooo mad. Seriously, I'm so mad right now, I just can't believe there are people like this out there. This is literally one of the reasons why I'm more and more skeptic about getting married. I just couldn't take this kind of shit, it's the most hypocritical thing I've ever read.

• It seems if you had a relationship with someone you ought to get child support from him or her. You're not some sex toy they can play with to have their fun and neglect your obligations when they feel like it. They were with you when it suited them, now it's time to face up to his or her obligations and you shouldn't have to jump through hoops to make them do it.

• There is one right men have that women don't: the right to pay!

If you cheat on me and have another man's baby then I dump your ass like a bad habbit, you can take your bastard baby and live somewhere else. I don't give two hoots in hell about what you think I owe you.

• Yeah I don't think so dude

• Ummm no. Just no.

• Meaning this post is just full of misinformation... The real world does not work like this

• There are extremists within all movements.

• Fuck that. If I have to pay for a kid, I have every fucking right to know it's actually mine.

• No it's your right