Where should a 30 to 34 yr old man be financially at this age?

In terms of property (rent or own, ur own rental property), income etc .

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean, everyone comes from different circumstances and has a different journey in life, do it's hard to say where a person *should* be.

Sometimes I feel like I'm really behind in where I should be in life. I'll be 30 at the end of the year. I have two degrees, a good job... but I'm still paying off my student loans (will probably have them paid off by the end of the year). I haven't been able to save up for a down payment on a house, so I still rent. I've been with my partner for 9 years, but we're not at a point financially where we can start thinking about a wedding or starting a family. But we've both worked hard, been responsible with our finances (no debt other than what's left on my student loans, we live within our means). While I may not be as well-off as some people, I'm doing better than others. But I try not to worry about it or compare myself to others. I'm not irresponsible, I just have a different lot in life than others have.

What Girls Said 3

• It depends what he is doing with his life. If he is in medical school or residency or law school - its okay for him to not have property of his own. If he has been in the work force for 8 years, he should either have enough saved up for his own property or live in an apartment / townhouse / house of his own. I do not think there is one rule that applies to everybody.

• It's impossible to say after the recession. Just do your best.

• New career making entry salary but owns a home currently and will own 2 small properties within couple years at earl 30s. One for rental property and one to live in. What are ur thoughts for this man's standing at 32 to 33 yr of age?

• Whatever. As long as it's all a reasonable part of your budget and you're not putting yourself in too deep.

• At least 75k a year, own a house or at least have enough to buy one, have savings and 401k

What Guys Said 8

• The rule of thumb is to have 1x your annual salary between 30-35. Income, of course, will greatly vary where you live as the cost of living is different across the US and the world. Owning property is fine if you can afford 20% down and the monthly payments. Supposedly it is a sellers market, so it may not be the best time to buy. But again, all depends where you live.

Don't worry about the "norms" or what you should be doing. Or even what everyone is doing. You do what will make you happy and satisfy the life you want to live.

• There are a lot of people around that age in my city with no possible way to buy a house right now with how the prices are.

• Hard to say but probably be on the property ladder and able to look after yourself financially.

• If you're smart you're renting and saving money in a tax haven like the Cayman Islands. Hide as much income as you can and get as much financial aid and other benefits. If you qualify they owe it to you.

• Where he SHOULD be? I guess either a paid off or mortgaged house that he owns, and a job that pays his bills and then some. This goes for any age and any gender, really.

• It really depends, but I'd say have a decent career?

• if you an immigrant , probably around 30,000 with tax cuts. My dad finished Ph. D at around 31. and got a job at GE, and only made 75,000 without tax cuts.

• Never compare yourseld to other dudes.