Are truck drivers allow to stay in a city they go to? Any comedian/truck driver out there?

I am a Stand-up Comedian, my family needs more money so I am getting a truck license (almost done) to make more money, but also need to keep the dream alive. Now I am wondering if it is possible to catch a set, while I am passing the city!

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmmmm... parking would be a never-ending *nightmare*, but first-and-foremost would be scheduling... you don't have to miss but a few loads before you won't be a truck driver anymore...

You have pretty well zero control over where and when you get time off unless you specifically ask for your days off (usually 4/mo) in a specific city. There are strict laws governing how many hours you can drive in a day, and if you don't make it to your destination, then your pretty much stuck... just getting to a gym (even the ones that're open 24 hours) 2-3 times a week takes *dedication* for a truck driver...

I hate to sound like I'm discouraging you, but this might be a really hard way to go... The only way I can see it is if you go owner/op (don't even think about trying this as a lease/op!!! You will fuck up your job. Period.) and to work with a broker who's extraordinarily understanding and willing to work with you. And even then if you really put out the effort to make this work, then you won't have any time left to see your family *and* keep the wheels turning...

It's hard enough just to see your family on a regular basis as a truck driver, try that first before you start loading up your plate even more...

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news 😓

What Girls Said 2

• You should ask @fenixx0083 He might have an idea.

• Yeah it's possible if you time it right

What Guys Said 1

• If you're talking big rig then of course there are often limitations regarding the circumstances under which they can enter city centers. You may be able to get your rig somewhere near the venue but the questions are then security of your load and your ability to get from your rig to the gig. :) I don't see it being very easy. You'd have to take it on a city-by-city basis. Of course depends on the size of your truck as well.

Keep chasin' that neon rainbow. :)