Do you consider liking the color pink as a feminine trait?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 8

• No it is just a colour which also happens to be a nice colour and unfortunately associated with baby girls.

• pink is just a color!

• Not at all. But pink is a difficult color in the sense that it doesn't look good on everyone. I don't associate it with femininity though.

• No. I think it's garbage that society has made it in such a way that colors are being associated with gender. And for the record pink looks pretty HOT ok guys.

• Pink is just a color. Liking pink won't make you any less of a man.

• Not really. No

• Traditionally pink was a male color back
    In the day

• No, I don't.

What Guys Said 9

• I have several pink shirts that I wear

• Since the society brainwashed me into thinking that girls go for pink and boys go for blue, I say yes

But hey, it's just a color, everyone their tate

• The transition to pink as a sexually differentiating color for girls occurred gradually, through the selective process of the marketplace, in the 1930s and 40s. In the 1920s, some groups had been describing pink as a masculine color, an equivalent of the red that was considered to be for men, but lighter for boys. But stores nonetheless found that people were increasingly choosing to buy pink for girls, and blue for boys, until this became an accepted norm in the 1940s

• I had heard that this was due to the whole "pink triangle" thing in concentration camps for gay people, but I'm not entirely certain of whether that's correct. Would you happen to know?

• But did that have to do with pink becoming a feminine color, or is that just a coincidence?

• I don't know, I read this as two different things that happened.

• No. Yes. Kind of.

• Not really, my cousin is one of the manliest men I know and he some times wears a pink shirt or T-Shirt. And he's straight.

Can you pull it off is the question you should be asking! Ha-ha hope this helped!

• No, is ok, using a pink dress is another matter.

• My colleagues in marketing definitely believe so. I don't see it myself.

• It is more culturally feminine and has more feminine qualities but that is about it.

• Only since the 20th century.

Before that it was considered a masculine colour. Red is a manly colour because it is like blood spilled in battle, and pink is like the younger boy version of red that will grow up to be red.

Don't believe me? Google it