How to have a calm state of mind while playing sport where focus is required?

Most Helpful Guy

• Concentration and calm are learned states, look into breathing meditations teach yourself how to control your breath. Breath is the measurement of stress and anxiety, if you can control the one you control the other. There are also martial arts that teach this.

What Girls Said 1

• Relax, Only worry about what you need to do, and ignore what anyone else says. Never lose your head.

What Guys Said 7

• I play tennis and these are things i tell myself:

- If i start hitting bad shots and things start going sour on my end, I tell myself "listen your game is at a D+ level right now.. lets just try to get it to a C.. then so on. I don't mind getting beat but when i start beating myself? no good.

- focusing on the next shot / point. Forget how you've been playing... just think of fundamentals and the next shot. baby steps again.

• I also don;t care to loose but the way i loose soemtimes is so dissapointed because I don't want to give the victory away to my opponent

• I just relax and that helps me focus.

• When I get in that place I play my best, at an instunctive level

• What exactly are you playing?

• Just relax bro and take a deep breath

• Concentrate on the sport you are playing just be relax

• I just want very badly a good result

• Just concentrate bro i know its hard i too play football left winger and it takes more than mental focus to play :)

• Practice until it becomes second nature. Simple