So I want to try dog meat? How is that any different from killing other animals?

At the end of the day a dog is an animal. I don't see why people are so hypocritical when the gasp at me because they eat chicken, cows, and many other meats. Why are people so hypocritical in this case?

Most Helpful Guy

• I totally agree with you. It's absolutely hypocritical. All these "if you had a chicken as a pet you wouldn't eat that either"-arguments are actually very false. My family used to have chickens and rabbits when I was a child and we ate both of them. For example if it was somebody's birthday, my mom would shoot one of our rabbits and my dad would take off the skin and take out all the intestines and stuff like that and cook it. Apart from that, not everyone has a close relationship to dogs. People on GaG seem to be sort of obsessed with dogs, I'm not. I like them to a certain degree, as I like most animals, but I don't own a dog and I don't feel particularly close to them. As for the "you don't eat humans either" argument, this sounds like a logical fallacy to me. Just because we don't eat each other doesn't mean eating other animals is generally wrong. Cannibalism is not practiced by a huge majority of the world fauna. Sharks eat seals but they don't eat other sharks. Wolfs eat sheep but they don't eat other wolfs. Cannibalism is only practiced in absolutely extreme situations (starvation etc.). We can assume there's a good reason why mother nature made us this way.
    Myself I've eaten dog once almost in Korea. I want to do it some time. If you wanna try it, China and Korea are places where they serve it.

What Girls Said 5

• I would try it. In the places that serve it, they raise the breed of dog just for that reason. I don't see how that is any different than the chickens that can't walk because we pump them full of so many hormones. Or the cow or the pigs. They are all raised to be food. If in America we had a breed of dog that was raised for food from before we could remember we wouldn't bat an eye at it. So bring on the dog! :-)

• Just by reading the first sentence I felt queasy.
    People feel more sympathy and connected to dogs and cats because they're pets.
    If you were from India you wouldn't eat cows like we do here.

• Could that possibly be because are considered sacred in India? I can't remember reading in the bible that dogs are sacred.

• @BlueCoyote I understand and I know there are more people who have the same opinion. It depends on person and their culture/beliefs. I personally wouldn't feel good about eating a dog and I was just explaining the reason WHY I wouldn't do that, in order for you to understand why most people think this way.

• Fair enough ;-)

• Dogs are loyal, those other hoes ain't.

• It's not I guess if you want to eat it then you can. But I find eating all forms of meat unethical

• Kill a dog and I'll kill you and feed you to the sharks.

What Guys Said 5

• You'd literally have to be without a soul to eat dog meat. People don't end up loving their cows and chickens.

Name the last chicken or cow you gave a fuck about...

I mean come on. How do you know you won't be chowin down on this fella?
    cache23.fansshare.com/.../...agle-dog-85219762.jpg

• so it is based on emotions?

• Basically

There really is no logical reason. Dogs are just likeable, they have companion characteristics.

No matter how you raise a chicken, it will still walk around like a fuckin retard and not listen to you or give a shit about anything.

They're just one of those animals that can be killed without damaging your conscience. I feel that's how humans determined what animals we do and don't eat.

• It's just a thing in our society. Accept that morality is culture-dependant and the rules don't necessarily make sense to everyone.
    When you first think about it, this one doesn't really make sense, because people eat other animals like chicken and cows... But then again, we're also animals. Why don't you eat people? Does "because I'm human" sound like an acceptable answer to you? If yes, then you should realize that answering that we don't eat dogs "because they're our pets" also makes sense. You might disagree, and think that we should not eat animals at all, or that we can eat all animals except humans, or that it's even ok to eat humans, but it's not up to you to decide what's ethical and what's not. It is, up to a point, but if you cross that point you'll be a sociopath.
    I say the rules are something like this:
    1. Do you feel okay with doing that?
    2. Is it illegal or considered highly immoral?
    If the answer is NO to either of those questions, don't do it. It's that simple.

• A lot of people see dog as a pet so it is considered abnormal on a scale.

• yea, but chickens could be a pet technically. There is no logical reasoning behind why they see dogs as pets.

• Yeah but chickens are primarily regarded as lovestock... raised to feed people whether it's harvesting their eggs or utilizing them for meat. In relation of pets far more people have dogs as pets than chickens.

• I don't like dogs, alive or their meat yakhhhhhh..

• Would it be good with you if I ate your family and then you? You are animals after all.
    Being an animal doesn't devalue whatever it is you're eating.