Do curvy women gain weight easier than skinny?

Im curvy but i really need to stay active to stay moderatly slim and my friend is like slim and not very curvy but she just effortlessly stays thin and works out like a couple times a week, and we are both close to 30 so time is just getting harder lol.

I love my friend and she is amazing so im happy for her, im ok with myself just wondering if anyone else noticed this, maybe after 25 when metabolism really slows down?

• Yes...
  • usually yes...
  • sometimes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok, first. By curvy you mean not skinny? Just to make sure, because curvy can be skinny or not.

Assuming you're meaning "not skinny", here's the answer to your question: Tradicional scientific literature calls people who are naturally skinny ectomorphs and people who are naturally "chubby" endomorphs. Mesomorphs are in between. Ectomorphs have faster metabolism and lose weight really easily, be it fat or muscle. Endomorphs, on the other hand, have slower metabolism, gain weight more easily, both muscles and fat. Endomorph usually have the best of 2 worlds, by having an easier time to gain muscles and lose fat. The worst scenario is the so called skinny-fat, which gains fat easily but not muscles. The skinny-fat condition though is more like a condition caused by insulin resistance, bad lifestyle habits and lack of physical activity.

Each one of these categories needs a different approach in terms on nutrition and exercise.

What Guys Said 4

• Everyone is different. The metabolism starts to slow down after 30. But eating small meals 4- 5 times a day you can keep it running. With a curvy body and the right training you can shape your body really nice, while for your slim friend it will be hard.

• Depends on the metabolism of the individual. Curvyness has nothing to do with that. It might look like they gain weight faster/easier BECAUSE they are curvy.

• depends onthe females genetics really

• Yes example kim kadarshin lol

What Girls Said 2

• Take it from a curvy girl. Yes we most certainly do👎

• Well curvy has no size but I know what your talking about. People with an ectomorph body type (slim buil) r
    Typically stay thin really easily. I have a mesomorph body type (medium build), but a poor digestion so I have to really wt h what I eat and work out to stay slim. For my friend she can eat a whole box I pizza and do nothing yet look like a supermodel. I gotta go to the gym and eat super healthy to be fairly thin