Can you give me a good reason why God exists?

Seriously

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 8

• Well he exists regardless of whether or not you believe in Him but most people believe in God because they are able to experience Him in some way or because their concept of God is so strong that they believe God must have put that concept inside of them. I experience God in different ways - sometimes as inspiration - sometimes as meaning and purpose - sometimes as seriousness - sometimes as satisfaction - sometimes as peace - sometimes an object of fear - and sometimes as joy.

• But that is your being not God. Do you not think that it is your inner self determining your situation and not an external mythical being?

• I honestly can't give you a good reason, I'm sure there's plenty of people that can hehe but the fact that you're so interested in god makes me believe you want someone to actually prove to you that he exists, which means you want to believe in him right? hmmm... or maybe I'm just over thinking it.

• Because i told yesterday to my mom i don't believe anymore and when i gave her my cross and the jesus she got upset. And when i asked her to give me a good reason she said "i feel it". I mean cmon how i can believe her. I can't even see god and touch him

• The problem is that simple belief with hocus pocus arguments doesn't satisfy my curiosity. I do not believe in god. Most of the people I know who believe in god either have no reason to and no arguments for his existence or are ignorant and can't deal with discussions because they can't be wrong, which makes any proper debate impossible. Do you believe in god NineInTheRain?

• why yes! I do believe in God! I don't have any proof of him existing and I most definitely can't prove to you that he does.. haha anyways, the reason I believe in him and have faith in my religion is because I'm a better person thanks to it and I've met a bunch of nice people because of him... I know I'm being conceited and all but it's the truth for me

• 0|0
    • Lol this answer is shit girl

• Then u shouldn't have posted this question if ur gonna make fun of those who have a diff opinion than urs.

• I'm pretty sure nobody can understand something that makes no sense and is unexplainable, you shouldn't have answered without actual arguments other than "it is the way i like it, fuck you".

• nope because nobody in the world has any proof of a god existing/not existing.

The universe is huge so who knows what is truly out there.

• You don't have to see with your own eyes to believe. You use your heart instead. Why do you think most of you believe in love? Why do we have heart? Because we use our hearts to feel things, instead of our eyes.

• Perfect post for athiests

• Things are too perfect for it all to be an accident...

• Proof is relative. Educate yourself and don't question people's beliefs.

What Guys Said 13

• seriously... there's no proof of god's x-istance bro... nobody has
    even so when i asked for his help... didn't receive any :(

• He/she/it doesn't... and even if there was the slimmest possibility a god did exist it would have nothing to do with the mainstream religions which are so blatantly false and fraudulent. I mean the instant issue is that there's thousands of religions and thousands of gods yet people think theirs is the right one at the same time they're immensely ignorant of any religion beside their own and what the news tells them about the others.

• Religious people don't want to disavow their own invention.

• No I am non religious

• You have asked before. He is in my life and my life is better for it. That is proof enough for me.

• I don't know look at the human race were a mess ha the way I was made is enough prof to me that there isn't a god and if there is then he stopped caring for this place a looong time show just my opinion though

• Surley the universe and everything in it shows evidence for intelligent design, it couldn't have all apeard out of nothing by chance!

I don't know I gave it a try...

• because life happening out of nothiing is impossible.

its impossible. period.

• How do we know that it's impossible? Based on what? Our lack of knowledge as to how life arose?

• Because scientists mimicked all sorts of conditions in a lab and already concluded it.

Such complex thing as life do not happen by chance. One needs more faith in the big bang theory to beleive in than God in my opinion. Explosion from nothing became everything...

• Because the Bible says so. Long live the Confederacy.

• Because of the evidence that he exists and the poor evidence of the opposition that states that he doesn't exist.

Now you must understand the difference between evidence, proof, facts, and objective truth.
    Each one of them are different and most atheists think they are equivalent. They aren't.

I've researched every single atheist argument out there and the consensus of them are all summed up (basically) by one thing. TIME.
    For example, given enough time, the universe could have been appropriated from nothing, into something.
    Or given enough TIME from the mulitiverse one universe could have given birth to a universe that has mathematically the possibility to support life.
    OR given enough TIME a rock can turn into a human.

Basically... TIME is their god. AKA given enough time ANYTHING is possible.
    Following this logically, then why aren't unicorns, santa clause and leprechauns possible GIVEN ENOUGH TIME.
    WE just so happen to live in a universe where we dont see leprechauns. WHO KNOWS! in another universe there might be leprechauns!
    And following this logically, if anything is possible given enough time... SO IS A GOD.
    Atheists are stupid, especially considering their level of evidence is unreasonable, hypocritical, and impossible to meet.
    God will not make himself compelling to the point of 2+2=4 for tons of VERY GOOD and logical reasons. The main reason? It would remove moral freedom, the very biggest reason why we are here in the first place. You don't believe that 2+2=4 you are COMPELLED to accept it. Atheists want this kind of proof and they won't ever get it. EVER.

Ironically they place all of their faith in science. And science itself never absolutely proves anything.
    Not to mention science is based on induction, and as an atheist you cannot rely or trust induction as a basis of your world views, without looking like a hypocritical cafeteria atheist.
    Everything we think we know is merely based on induction, because science cannot know "knowledge" or demonstrate an objective truth value of ANY KIND. This has been "proven" by peer review repeatedly.
    Again you must understand what proof means. Proof is not objective truth.

IF you were to look at a painting and see its complexity you would assume that a person designed it. WHY? because we have seen someone paint one?
    Yes, but its much more than that.
    Because we don't have a naturalistic explanation for a painting? Yes we do.

• We just so happen to live in a universe where we dont see paintings just sprout up naturally on their own. There is no reason to think that in another universe that they dont pop up by themselves. And given enough time, its entirely possible.
      Futhermore, its actually mathematically MORE probable that we should or would see paintings pop up BY THEMSELVES in OUR universe than to see this universe and its complexity the way it is all by itself, or even through the process of ALL of the scientific models that are out there.

• "Even if history shows that certain events happened it doesn't prove any type of supernaturalism behind those events. "
      You must understand also the difference between proof and evidence. This actually "proves" it to the people who look at this as evidence of a supernatural event.
      This kind of verbiage makes the assumption that proof=objective truth. Which it does not. Proof and evidence are subjective.
      Furthermore, this type of argument can be made for all scientific claims, because not only is science inductive in nature, so are all claims. Everything we think we know is nothing but an inductive claim and therefore a belief.
      We do not "know" anything. We merely believe it to be so.

"How does one narrow anything in the supernatural realm down? "
      Same thing. Based upon the IBE and what we believe to be more probable than not.
      There are evidences in quantum mechanics for one that demonstrates the existence of a supernatural possibility.
      This is simply evidence, it is not "proof".

• Proof is a subjective label placed upon evidence when the mind believes the evidence to be true.
      IT does not mean that it IS in fact true, its simply that you believe it.

There cannot be an objective truth value demonstrated without an outside barometer that is all knowing and perfect.
      Otherwise it cannot be trusted and there remains doubt.
      Whatever this measurement is, (god, zues, a supercomputer the size of a universe) This does not bold well for atheists.
      Because of this absence of this objective truth everything, (and i do mean everything) is a belief. including atheism.

• Nope. Filler.

• I don't actually believe in blind belief. There are many evidences of why God exists but people in the West often don't know them as they think other religions are like Christianity or some version of it. Broadly, the evidences / arguments are in two categories for Muslims:
    1. Nature. If you study the intricate clockwork from something as small as a single cell to galaxies and the universe, everything is in very closely synchronized. A single cell, for instance, is more complex in its operation than New York City. Another example: if the big bang was minutely more, or minutely less, the universe would look totally different. Google "size of the universe" for videos of the scale of it all... Google "Islam and science" "The Deen Show" "why Islam" "Maurice Boucaille"

2. Evidences of the Quran. If there is a God, and He wants you to know Him, He would have left some direct instructions / evidences. Muslims believe that the same message has been given and past religions like Christianity and Judaism were corrupted by men. Islam however, stood the test of time, and the Quran is, the word of God. If that is the premise, then the Quran must be scrutinized to see if it stands your tests of fallibility, and if its contents have somethings that would be miraculous. See "The Bible Quran and Science". In fact, the Quran has innumerable aspects of it which can leave one, without any doubt that it is beyond the ability to have been written by fallible, mortal, men.
    God bless you with your search. Peace and blessings.

• Who or what could have created all this?

• What created god then?

• Any rational and prudent person who looks at the evidence would draw the conclusion logically that god more probably exists than he doesn't.
      This is called the inference to the best explanation. It is used today by lawyers, scientists, and it was used by Darwin to formulate evolution.
      Basically its a comparison of the two best competing hypothesis based on the evidence and study of both.
      It demonstrates wish of the two is more likely the correct one.
      When you look at the arguments and the evidences for both positions, (atheism vs theism) Theism CLEARLY is more probably true than atheism.

• So to answer your question more succiently, a good reason to believe in god?
      It has been demonstrated that believing in true things has a greater benefit towards your life than believing in false things.
      For instance if you believe that rape and murder will NOT get you into trouble, or that 2+2= potato, there's going to be a problem.
      And since if god does exist, or since its more probably true that he exists than he doesn't, then belief in him is going to benefit you more than its not.

Done.
      Problem solved.