Mad Max: Fury Road sequel or Remake?

I loved the new Mad Max movie... sure the story line was very bland but the action was packed into this flick. Now the title makes me feel sequel... but this film feels very remenisant of Mad Max:The Road Warrior... thoughts on the flick.

Most Helpful Guy

• The writer, who also wrote the previous three, claims it is a sequel.

• Not a good write since he borrowed a lot of ideas from his other screen plays.

What Girls Said 2

• That movie was amazing! The action was awesome, the world was really really cool, and it was probably the most feminist action movie I have ever seen. Seriously, I want that level of female representation out of every movie ever. And all the different groups and places you see along the way are just so cool! The motorcycle canyon bandit people, the crazy storm place, the swamp with the weird people living there, the vuvalini, just all of it. And the war boys themselves and their crazy religion are hilarious too. I especially like how insane everything is, and how the movie doesn't even take itself seriously. Like, the crazy guy with the guitar was amazing. And the polecats were super great too. Basically I loved everything about that film. It was actually the best movie I have seen recently.

• I appreciated the over the top post apocalyptic view... like I said the 3 previous mad max movies with Mel Gibson are the same setting. I just really appreciated the great attention to the lengthy action sequences.

• Yeah. I absolutely loved the whole post apocalyptic crazy town thing. Basically the whole movie was amazing, and the crazy action stuff made it super fun.

• No idea, but I watched it yesterday and it was awesome!
    Dat Guitar Guy Though!

• Lol... that guitar guy drove me nuts... I wish max killed him sooner in the flick.

• I liked it xD
      I thought to myself... if I was driving along, it would sure get me in the mood

• He was awesome. For a moment, I hoped he didn't die lol.

What Guys Said 6

• That is a sequel to me.

• I haven't seen it yet but I am looking forward to catching it over the summer

• Yes very reminiscient of Road Warrior without the need for the cargo they were carrying. It was more about Charlize Theron's character and the women they were with though than Mad Max. Mad Max barely had any dialogue.

• His character was very voiced in road warrior either... thats just the character... a tormented drifter... they just made it more apparent in this film.

• Wasn't very voiced*

• It's a pretty good flick.
    Nothing extraordinary but it's a fine movie to watch over the weekend.
    I agree that the storyline needed a little more spicening and I also thought that they would portray the post-apocalyptic atmosphere a little different, so I went in expecting something different. That probably set my opinion of it a little off. I don't recall watching the previous films so I can't compare this in that regard.

• I haven't seen it yet

• yess sure da