Why are there are so many strange people online?

The minority on society likes to use the internet a lot.

of society not on society

Most Helpful Guy

• Internet: Bunch of gay feminist atheist liberal whining all the time.

Real life: Everyone is conservative and pretty much has their shit figured out.

Didn't take me long to conclude that conservative Christians and religious people are just happier and less confused. The reason most of these freaks are miserable is because they refuse to deal with reality so they retreat into an online safe space where they can safely construct their own little narrative for how the world works based on their feelings. Basically here is the difference between liberals and conservatives.

Liberal: OMG he wouldn't bake a cake for those two fat bulldykes! Homophobe! Bigot!

Conservative: It seems radical Muslims are stoning gay people to death in Buttfuckistan. Send in the stealth bombers. Time to rain some Democracy on those assholes.

What Girls Said 2

• A lot of negative, whiny, pathetic, weak minded, bitter, delusional, ignorant and just plain stupid people join sites like GAG just to spread their bile.

• im very weird so i would not doubt it. Seems to be getting worse with age, the more I think, the more time i have to figure out new things.

I would assume a lack of socializing with other humans regularly has lead them to become crazy and then its hard to escape crazy once its taken over and changed the neuron networks in the brain.

What Guys Said 10

• I don't think the minority are the ones that are strange online. I think people are just more comfortable being themselves, so you are seeing them as they truly are.

• Makes sense because they have the freedom here to express themselves which should be a good thing but many abuse the privilege

• Because of the relative anonymity.

Irl they would find it hard to interact with people at all. Also, on the Internet, it's less risky to be yourself, in a way. Or, like, the consequences are less direct.

• Well, strange people are introverts and thus use the internet as a means of connecting OR, the vast number of people who have access to the internet. Its a game of numbers really...

• It's online bruh

• I don't actually want to be here. :D But I feel as if I don't have a choice. It's quite complicated to explain.

• Hey, strange isn't always a bad thing :)

• Sneak dissing eh?

• I have to disagree with all of you. People who think the internet is weirder than real life are the ones who spend too much time online, and especially too much time on the wrong sites. Just go out and enjoy the public weirdness of a big city. It will blow you away, especially at night, where there's more alcohol involved than usual.

• Because the internet...