Next Saturday is July 4th, are you looking forward to it?

I looked at the calendar today and realized next Saturday is July 4th and it's a day me and my family dread, now. Because, on that day in 2011 my grandpa (my mom's dad) passed away unexpectedly from heart attack in his condo. So, that day has a sadness over it for us now. It will be I think four years since he passed and we're already depressed thinking about. Plus, my dog is afraid of all the fire crackers and loud noises that occur on that day. So, much of that time is spend telling her to stop barking and trying to calm her down.

I know most people like the 4th, which is actual great. I don't enjoy many holidays anymore and I kind of envy people that do, I miss being joyful about certain holidays. Which, is why I'm wondering if anybody is looking forward to next Staurday and how you intend to spend it?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 8

• Yes, this year I also dread the holiday, because I'm sort of over the barrel in a tight spot that I might not be able to get out of, and that will culminate about the 4th.

• In Ireland I don't think we have anything till Halloween - A few bank holidays but next "Celebration" is Oct 31.

• I might make some weenies & beef burgers but not really
    into it i loss many family members, i liked July 4th
    when my maternal Grandma was living.

• If you meant all you can eat BBQ then yup! I'm looking forward to it. I'm sorry for your loss though. Must be hard to associate a depressing event with a holiday that is pretty much all about celebrating.

• Yeah it's not really a big day for me either

• Surely i do, it is the start of the word's greatest cycling event the tour de france and this year it will start in Utrecht, the Netherlands and I will be there

• I usually march in the local parade

• Play football smoke weed probably a bang show too

What Girls Said 9

• Doesn't affect me, I'm not in the USA.

• It's unfortunate that that day now has a bad association for you :(

But I'll be working that day. So not exactly a big day for me either.

• I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. I'm hoping to enjoy next Saturday because of the Fireworks and my town is having a street dance. I also hope to see my crush and see where it goes.

• Only if I get to eat BBQ food lol.

• I guess I am. 4th of July is my fav holiday, however I've been kinda stressed out lately & haven't been able to prepare for it yet

• I'm going home to watch my little sister play in a softball tournament and spend time with my family.

• The national holiday north of the border is July 1st.

• Not originally from the USA so we do nothing.

• Nah I work that day!