Why when im dreaming about something all night long , I wake up not remembering absolutely nothing even if I try hard to remember. Is it normal?

Most Helpful Guy

• you have to set an alarm clock approximately 5 hours after going to sleep. your brain kind of deletes dreams, a short time after you had them. it´s part of the sleeping process... it is meant to prepare for real live but is deleted so you don´t confuse dream with realtity.

if you wake up shortly after the dream, you will remember it (or if you were lucid in the dream).

What Guys Said 7

• Let's talk science for a sec. Basically there r 4 stages of sleep, the last of these is REM (rapid eye movement) sleep. There r sleep cycles basically you go from the first few stages which last about 5-15min each then you go to REM which lasts about 90 minutes. Then the cycle repeats. During REM there is increased brain activity n this is associated with vivid dreams so if you r woken up during this point of sleep you r much more likely to recall ur dreams in detail.

• Yeah I've done that before totally normal to happen
    you know they claim that most dreams only last 15 minutes
    before you wake up?

• That has happened to me loads of times

• I think it's normal because it happens to me too. Read about how dreams work.

• Just means you didn't dream about me hard enough. smh.

• Yeah it's normal

• i dont know if it's all right. But if you're gonna be relieved, i dont remember my dreams either LOL

What Girls Said 2

• yeah it is..

• I don't know why that happens but it's completely normal