What is YOUR purpose of life?

Ok ok, I'm not asking what's the purpose of life in general, that's old. What I wanna know is what exactly is YOUR personal purpose of life? I mean people say that life has no purpose, that you have to create/find your own purpose blah blah.. okay then.. so, you people who have figured it out, what is your purpose of life and how the fuck did you find it?
I'm feelin kinda gloomy tonight and I feel so empty, I don't understand why I'm alive, I feel like I have nothing to live for, like there is literally no purpose, like I'm just existing and that's it, and these thoughts put me in a super bad and sad mood. I mean, I wanna find the purpose of life but I just don't know how. Like, HOW? HOW do you find that shit?
:(
Please share your purposes w/ me. Maybe smth will inspire me. Cause I just don't get it atm. I don't understand life. At all.

Most Helpful Guy

• I started making this my purpose in life almost a year ago and maybe you can incorporate one, some or maybe all of these things into your life too! :) My purpose is simple; actually it's more than one.

1. To never stop being happy.
    2. Live a life that I'm proud to wake up to.
    3. Make others around me just as happy as I am.
    4. Have experiences/experience things that'll be great stories to tell someday.
    5. Befriend as many people as you can along the way.

It's simple but so complex! Seriously, life gets so better, IF you have a posite mindset about life. To quote a famous poet, "Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experience". So go live it, take risks, make people happy! This world is filled with incredible things to experience with extraordinary people to experience it with. Time is limited, death is unevitable, and it's uncertain you'll get a second chance. And I hope you take advantage of this gift you were given :) You seem like a great girl honestly, and I bet you'll experience some pretty amazing things and make a lot of people happy, including yourself. Good luck!

Most Helpful Girl

• My main purpose in life would be to achieve my goals I've set, that is, to travel the world and achieve my ambition. Often, when I'm sad/down about some things, I will feel like "wtf am I still living here" & "what is my purpose to stay alive". But then, I remind myself constantly that I want to see the world and I have to get through wtv struggles I'm facing right now. Tbh, if it wasn't for this purpose in life, I personally doubt I could make it till today, I would've given in to so many temptations in life and went the wrong path.

What Guys Said 34

• As a Muslim, my only real purpose in life is to worship God and to be a good Muslim as much as possible in order to gain good deeds to servive in the day of judgement by the mercy of God. This is the real purpose of my existence.

However I know that you ain't religious so I'm gonna give you a different answer about some little targets that I'm planning to achieve in my life:

For example, I'm moving to Germany within a few days to study medicine there, so in the next 7 years, my little purpose will be to study hard and to gain knowledge about medicine as much as possible, I will make sure to get As in my exams or at least good grades.

Now after those 7 years I might have new purposes which are trying to be a neurosurgeon, getting a job, making money, getting married, having kids... etc.

So as you can say life goes like that with us, just let it go.

• I am sorry you are feeling gloomy but I think part of your purpose in live is to confuse me, I just saw in another answer you never had a date and I am going WTF how come someone so gorgeous never had a date.
    For me, I have no big purpose just live my life, day to day, nearly everyday I find new things and people to make my life interesting.

• I would like to think my purpose is to help people become the strongest version of themselves
    and genuinely i like making others feel good, thats why i use GaG

Lately i have been feeling the same way, create a purpose, find a passion and commit to it
    I am just gonna commit myself to training 100% now no BS and finally be able to fight, kick, look, and be like JCVD my childhood hero, i am just gonna emulate him and help others along the way lol

media.giphy.com/media/y1hOSUccBkluU/giphy.gif

• I suggest you read some books about finding a passion or getting direction...
      self help books can be very useful

• :( you sound so sad...
      i wish i was there to hug you...

• Aww, don't worry, I'm okay :)))

• To create more than I destroy.
    To love more than I hate.

through creativity and compassion I try to live my life and find a purpose for being.

• Join the army, Constantly extend my contract of active deployment until i inevitably die somehow, Take as many scum down with me as possible ;)

• At least it's a honorable death.. :/

• Well what do ya enjoy doing matey? Does anything at all even give you the slightest feeling of happiness? No matter how small, anything is a start right? surely there must be something you even remotely enjoy? :)

• Not really right now

• Being there important to some people. I wanna be a professor. Worship god that what makes meaning to my life 😊😊

• Since before I understood such things as a kid, I have had this itch that I'm supposed to do something that will help a lot of people, it's like an intangible impression. My purpose in life is to leave things better through my own efforts than they were when I got here.

• To inspire , change and experience as much as possible to have a charged life... To be funny , creative , outgoing and a good person... thats mine

• Get my engineering degree and help my country improve it's infrastructure, helps the people and get money to travel the world with my brothers. That would make me feel alive seeing the places around the world.. That's just my two main goals. Some of sub-goals are created along the way...

• I was put on this earth for one simple task to help people, in what form I am supposed to do that I am not sure of yet, so in the mean time I help out in all ways, emotionally, physical, mentally, whatever is required.

• I'm sorry your feeling down and you do have a
    purpose for being here , we all have a purpose
    maybe take some deep breathing exercises
    my purpose in life is to help people who are
    down and need help i give to the best of my ability ,

• It takes time, man. It really does. Someday you'll wake up and say "i get it.". Nothing but time does that.

• Eh, hopefully

• I don't think I can wait till I'm 31... :/ or even more

• Universe's rules. Not mine. If I could, I'd transfer all of my knowledge to you. I know, it sucks. But life's a ride you don't have to pay for, so try to enjoy it.

• My purpose is to find my soul mate, marry her, and spend the rest of my life trying my best to make her happy.

• To survive I guess :/

• To entertain myself and then die before I get too old to function.

• SPEAKING OF GETTING TOO OLD

our birthday is comin up :D :D

• The better question here is what are YOU getting ME?

• Maybe I'll finally post a pic of my glorious self. But maybe I won't. You'll just have to wait @linkywinky

• I want to finish my RN (Registered Nurse) and live in with my SO

• A lot.

- Continue to love God, and Jesus.
    - To find love.
    - Help people to the best of my ability.
    - Gain enough money to live a comfortable life.
    - Make babies with the lady that I love.
    - To see the world.
    - Finish school.
    - Get my dream job.
    - Learn all I can about the world.

I have a lot so this is what I am willing to go so deep into as of now. :).

• None of us have a purpose, only a goal. Obama's goal was to become a lawyer, he became president simply because he took the chance, it wasn't fate or purpose. Always have a hail but don't try to change the world, or anything. Our porpoise is to survive, what we do to survive however, that is what we can control

• No idea. There's not much I truly like doing and I go to college just to get a degree. I feel like I'm wasting time and money since I feel like I have nothing I want to do there

• Exactly! 😢

• I don't think I'll remember much of it which apparently most people say you won't use what you learn in college lol. And I can't really try to find stuff to do since I've been dealing with surgery and recovering from surgery my whole time in college which has been like 3 years. So basically I don't like anything I do and I can't do much stuff anyway lol.

• best things in life are good experiences ( friends, holidays etc) better than fond memories and hoping to achieve something and also giving back and being a productive human

• My original purpose was to Fuck women die young leave kids and debt. Since I matured its look after my family doing whatever it takes.

• To follow my heart.

• I wanna work in a ward and work on my music

• To create little fartlings and pollute the world 1 fart at a time.

• Raise a family, get good paying job so I can eventually start a business of my own and provide a livable wage for my employees, and help the needy when I am able to.

• I don't believe in divine purpose; I believe my purpose on Earth is to survive to breed, just like all animals.

I make my existence more than that, though.

• I love cosmos so much that can be the purpose of my life. And nothing, i just live because my parents had sex. I'm a nihilist. I'm living the script that system forces me.

• To experience love, family, sex, nature. I think that we are in a reality that tests our spiritual side.

It sounds like you would benefit from a near-death experience like I have.

• I wouldn't mind a near-death experience, I need smth like that in my life rn, some action and a reality check

• deep af xD

• Man made schools, man made laws, made made culture, it's all distractions of the mind.

• Be a scientist and a social worker :)

• my purpose in life is! to be me and nothing more i will make it up as i go

• More from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 22

• Well.. all I can think about and all I've been thinking about this year is to take AT LEAST 90% on my BAC exams. I'm having them next week and I can't wait till they're finally over and till I get my results and forget about high school. I've been studying really hard just to take the highest marks I can get in them.. I just wanna make my parents proud of me. So, for now, that's my purpose in life: to make myself and parents proud.
    PS: the Baccalaureate exams are like the SATs but in romanian ( and basedon the romanian curriculum) and every romanian citizen has to take them in order to enter university.
    You will find ur purpose in life, don't worry. U probably already have one but don't realise it's there :)

• Tbh nowadays I'm feeling the exact same way. I really want to just end it all right here right now. But tbh the one thing that reminds me that I can't die just yet is other people. I think about how much my parents did for me and how much I really want to repay them, even though that's gonna be hard. And outside of my close family (like the family I see every day) there's really only two people who I think would care if I'm dead. One is my best friend in the entire world and tbh I'd die for her in a heartbeat. The other is my boyfriend. He's basically like another best friend tbh. Of course other people would care, and sure a lot of them would cry, but these are the people who I know I will actually touch. The people that I know will think of me everyday when I'm gone. The people who won't be able to forget my name or my face or my skin. The people that I would traumatize with my death. Sure there's a lot of other people who claim they are my friend yet when it comes to talking to me or knowing anything about me they know nothing compared to the special people in life. And that's what my purpose of life is. Not living for myself, but living for the sake of other people. I hope you find your purpose also :)

• Yeah, but you're lucky, you know you have people who for sure care if you live or die, my situation isn't even close to that, I feel like there's no one in my life who would really truly care. And that's what makes it sad.

• I see... I'm very sorry... I don't know I wish the best of luck to you

• It's ok, thank you

• I've never had a purpose other than to enjoy it as much as I can lol. I like simple things, friends, family (my niece is the most perfect thing on the planet), my pets, my boyfriend, video games, food, dr pepper, tv shows, laughing. I've struggled with anxiety and depression all of my life and I feel that way sometimes too but my grandma passed away awhile back and it really opened my eyes to how short life is and all of the little things and to not take a second of it for granted, so I just enjoy the small things and always will lol

• To make my family and myself proud by making a lasting difference in the world.

• Honestly I this won't be helpful but I feel the exact same way... I don't know my purpose or really know if there is one.

• To be a good human being. To follow the teachings of my religion to get into Heaven. To ensure I have more good deeds that bad deeds. That I am a good human being in this world, so in the Afterlife I go to Heaven

• My purpose in life is to experience the things I want to experience and help others out if I can.

• at the moment, it's passing my licensure exam, which has a shitty 48% pass rate :(
    generally though, it's chasing the feeling of happiness

• I honestly have no idea

• I felt like this a couple days ago. I'm not sure if you are religious or not so sorry if this offends you. What I did was I prayed to God to give me guidance, discernment, and wisdom. I now know what it is that I am meant to do in life.

• being a great wife, mother help people around the world, be succesful at work and never leaving God behind :)

• I'm just going with the flow, man! Just let it take you & you'll figure it out. 😊

• I don't really think I have a purpose in life.
    I'm just here.
    I see nothing wrong with that.

• To be happy

• My purpose in life is to become a film director and share my ideas to the world

• The purpose of life is to live it. Whether its in general or specific. To me, its all about bettering/improving myself constantly and experiencing life as it comes. Seeing and feeling as much as I can and having no regrets.

• Tbh, I don't feel like I have one. I'm okay with that, though. I was super lucky to be born into this world, and I've got a couple decades worth of living to do. If I have any purpose, it's to enjoy life and appreciate all the wonderful (and sometimes not so wonderful) things that come with it. I just want to be here. I want to be here, I want to observe, I want to understand. I want to form friendships and bonds with people, to see all the amazing things people and nature have created, all that. I'm here, might as well.

Having a purpose is great, but most of the time, I think the simple fact of existing is pretty cool too.

• I'm still alive right now because I want to find out what my purpose is. I can only imagine it would be something broad like having fun , making memories, make it last and enjoy what life has to offer. But so far, what personally motivates me is getting married having a lot of sex and a couple of kids.

• I Been bullied all my life and been raped , I always been that shy and a clown to everybody because of my appearance of having a big nose , many people have worse problems but my nose been the main reason why all my life been bad. My purpose in life or my mission is to have a nose job finish my school get money and show all those people that laugh in my face that I'm doing great.

• First, I just want to say it's normal to have depressing, existential thoughts every once in a while. To be honest, our individual lives are mostly pointless in the grand scheme of things, but that doesn't mean we can't have happy, fulfilling lives.

I'm currently focusing on school and working towards my major, which makes me feel productive and positive about my future. I work part time for extra spending money. I also go to the gym a bunch because, other than the obvious benefits, it helps put me in the moment and relieve stress. When I'm not busy, I just try to do things that make me happy. Internet, reading, spending time with my boyfriend, etc.

My greatest motivation in life is a pretty cliche one -- getting married and having kids.

• I want to build hospitals in Africa, run orphanages there, feed hungry people in all countries, and show people the love of God. I also want to be popular, rich and famous.