How do you define success?

When you dream about how it will be when you're a successful whatever your dream is, what does it look like to you? How do you define success? How would you measure it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Success is a daily habit. I don't view it as an ending point. Goals are simply a benchmark to gauge the effectiveness of my habits. If my habits yield results and satisfy my goals, I'm clearly successful.

• That's rather beautiful!

• Thanks for MHO ;)

It's just something I've experienced, and other people I admire seem to have similar thoughts on it.

What Guys Said 7

• Success to me is content, peaceful life - I don't ask for much.

• The money you make, the car you drive, the job you have, how attractive your partner is, the healthier you are and finally doing what you love and getting the past points mentioned.

Success to me is divided in sections:

Economical
    Health
    Relationships
    satisfaction

if you jhave a hot girlfriend who treats you right but work at mvcdonalds you are successfull at relationships but unsucessfull economically. if you own a business and you love what you are doing but single it would be the opposite

• Success, as all things in life, is the consequence of your actions. Becoming successful or even rich is not hard at all, if you completely get rid of the trash society teaches you. Why are most people failures? They are taught to be of course, so you have to stop listening, to even your parents, especially if they are not successful. If your parents haven't been successful, how could they teach you? (Though you should always respect them)

With that said, what defines success? My personal success would first be financial wealth, then the ability to use it to change the world by eventually creating prosperity for all. But that's not possible, right? Ah, change the way you think, remember? ;)

Anyway, that is how i view success. Many of my thoughts are from the book Rich Dad Poor Dad. First one i ever read and cared about. It completely changed my life, and of course way of thinking.

Last comment:
    Money, society, success, and politics are all illusions, basically like simulations. That means they can be used to your benefit, if you figure out how.

Just something to think about

• Great question. Here's a read that might help: itiwitis.info/.../

• I'm asking how you define it personally.

• That's it exactly, I wrote that actually. Can't define it in this little box :P

• um, mostly money and women and stuff like that.

• make your parents proud, be there for your friends, be happy

• achievin ya goal

What Girls Said 1

• I think you are successful if you are able to bathe yourself in God's presence in a very deep, prolonged, consistent and pure way.

• And as an atheist I cannot relate to that sentiment.