Would you prefer correct grammar when someone is texting you?

I mean everyone I know talks like "lol u wat?". It's a habit of mine to text correctly, as I think it's more professional, and makes you look more mature. What would you think if someone always used correct grammar when texting you?

Most Helpful Girl

• No I like texting for the most part, cutting words short, and not having to worry about grammar mistakes.

But there is a certain point where people go extreme spelling things incorrectly to make it seem "ghetto" and it drives me nuts sometimes j can't even resd /understandit because it's seriously that bad.

What Girls Said 4

• Yes, I prefer it. I'm not bothered if a person's spelling or grammar isn't perfect when having a casual conversation online or through texting, but making no effort is just lazy, and some people type in ways that make it difficult to understand them.

• It's kinda one of my pet peeves when people use terrible grammar, I mean I don't mind abbreviations here and ther but sometimes it gets annoying

• I prefer correct grammar. Though I don't mind receiving or sending lol's, haha's, or btw's.

• No, at long as I can understand it, it's fine with me

What Guys Said 6

• Yeah, I mean I'm certainly not perfect myself and I'm no Nazi about it, but I tend to prefer proper grammar in all forms of communication.

• I would like it but it doesn't drive me crazy the way it does some people

• Nah texting is usually done in slang and stuff. That doesn't bother me.

• Absolutely I do

• yes. when people talk like dis and dat like retards its a huge turnoff but i m in my 30s so everything a teen does would get on my nerves

• yea I'z hate dat shit fo reelz.