With this new ruling on gay marriage, does it mean churches have to marry gay or lesbian couples if they want to?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 2

• No. It just means that the states are required to allow and recognize gay marriages.

• Not at the moment. They may try expanding it to churches in the distant future though.

What Guys Said 6

• Churches are free to not marry them if they don't want to, but if they want to marry them, they're free to do so too.

• No, I don't believe that will happen.

This kind of thing is why I feel churches should be stripped of their tax exempt status. It wouldn't be right to force the churches to perform these marriages against their will, but at the same time the federal government can not subsidize this type of behavior either.

• There will probably be a place to do it; I'm not sure if churches will start doing that just yet

• if they make a big enough fuss about it they probably will have to

• Most likely not.

• What difference does it make? The Bible in it current state is "man-made" anyway. This will be just one more adulteration.