Do you believe that the past haunts you?

That made me more concious of my choices/actions.

Most Helpful Guy

• You can't change what has happened, if you made a choice that you regret, then work on making things better. You can't change the past but you can change the future.

What Guys Said 11

• It does but only as long as you keep giving it importance. Once you move on from it, it will have less impact in your life, but still, you can't stop others from remembering what you did in the past.

• No I don't believe that statement - The past is the past - What is important is the present and the future

• Yes it does, there's no doubt about that. What changes is how you cope and deal with whats been done and to what extent you choose to let it affect you... be that for the better or for the worse

• Oh I believe it does. My past keeps haunting me from time to time

• It can at the very least it will try to or will torment you.

• Very much so. The past shapes our present identity. I have made some poor decisions out of a result of immaturity and inexperience of life. My past continually haunts me, but I like to believe it made me into a stronger and better person.

• Yes that is actually true

• yes , and hard to live with.

• It will only do if you keep thinking about past

• I dont like my past

• If we don't remember our past, we're doomed to repeat it buttttt I don't think it necessarily haunts us

What Girls Said 9

• I used to believe it only haunts you if you let it, if you give it the power,... but lately I've learned I've been lying to myself to pretend horrible treacheries didn't happen and to downplay everything that people already know did. You don't give a ghost power. It just has it. Because when something steals something from you, the ammo is always there, incesently infinitely reloaded, and shot at you at random just because the ghost is a vindictive cunt that can't let you forget. So, I guess the sdhort answer is yes. Yes, the past can haunt you, and yes it does. If it's strong enough and far too difficult to face. And the worst part about a ghost is that you can't kill it. And when you try to suffocate it, it only makes him more and more mad to the point it seeks to remind you what it stole.

• Yes I think so. Also misunderstandings can also haunt you so make sure people do not misinterpret what you do.

• Um I think so yeah. I mean if you don't deal with it then and there, past events may come following you back.

• Yes, I do. My life would be a lot different now if it wasn't for my past.
    I'm still suffering the consequences of my actions.

• the only way the past can haunts you is when you still care about the past

• It only does if you keep thinking about the past

• Yes... It does i think

• I don't know. but i do believe that what you do is going to be what you earn.

• It does but it fades away