Is there a way to cure stuttering?

I've struggled with this for a long time. It has really hurt my courage when it comes to talking. How can I find a way to get passed it?

Most Helpful Guy

• There is a cure. It's a device which fits in the ear which slightly changes the sound of your own voice (by adjusting the pitch). This mimics the effect of speaking in unison with other people, like in a chorus (which, as a general rule, enables stutterers not speak without stuttering).

You should try it. I admire you for asking because I've known stutterers and their attitude was often one of defensiveness about it. I think it's healthy to consider alternatives, and I hope you find one that works for you. Good luck. :)

• Yeah I really hate it because it kills my confidence when it comes to approaching people (especially females). I feel like they will laugh at me if I stutter so I don't go up to them at all >.<

• I've never seen the device in person, but I've seen extensive and very convincing news reports. An audiologist in your area should know more about it. You could send some emails to find someone who's experienced with them. Hope you find a solution that works for you. :)

• Thank You very much!

What Girls Said 2

• Practice speaking in front of the mirror. Try "tongue twisters" to help strengthen your sounds. "Cheap ships sink" "Peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers." "Toy boat".

• Well I don't know how to stop stuttering but I'm curious to know when it started. Was it when you spoke in front of people or?

• Yeah I remember I had since I was a kid. It happens when I talk too fast sometimes.

• yeah. that's why i don't like to approach people a lot.

• I feel like you shouldn't worry about your stutter. I believe people won't bug you about it

What Guys Said 3

• Have you tried speech therapy - I did some years ago and it was good

• Speech or think before you say a Sentance

• You can't stutter if you're dead. Just saying...