What is the evolution reason as to why all Asians have dark hair and dark eyes?

Mixed children do not count.

Most Helpful Guy

• The original proto-humans walking out of Africa were all black.
    White skin itself is a genetic mutation that makes the body produce much less melanin than say... the hispanics or Asians or of course the blacks.

Outside of Europe where the genetic mutation provided humans with an advantage to be pale-skinned and light-haired because of the arctic environment during the ice-ages , everywhere else black hair is the dominant genetic trait.

• Awesome :)

• green eyes are caused by feomelanin :) just like red hair. feomelanine is very rare, that is why green eyes and red hair is rare too, although, red hair gene is dominant if i am right :) not to be uhm alllknowing? damn why is my English vocab so bad -.-

• @shikyoon
      Well paint me wrong and I'm learning something new today then !
      CHEERS!!

What Guys Said 9

• Do you mean as opposed to some white people having lighter hair and eyes yet similar skin colors to fairer Asians? Well modern humans only left Africa around I think it's 60,000 years ago. Something like that. There is either a benefit to having lighter hair and eyes or to put it crudely the characteristics may also change if they aren't important in the current environment. I'm not exactly sure why lighter Asian people didn't develop light hair and eyes. I think partly it's because there is some randomness in evolution though mutations. Those mutations or lots of other potentially beneficial new traits may not have happened, especially due to how it's only been around 60,000 years. That's really not that long is the scope of evolution in general or even human evolution.

• Blue eyes are a recessive trait that first appeared as a mutation after humans migrated to Europe . That mutation never appeared in Asian populations.

• The gene pool of the people who migrated from Africa and into asia was a different branch from other migrations and they had quite a small gene pool which was further reduced after a supervolcano eruption in Indonesia around 40,000 years ago.

• Wow, very interesting.

• It has nothing really to do with evolution it has to do with Asians having dominant traits when it comes to dark hair and eyes, that's what makes them distinct and it's also going to be there strongest genetic traits.

• I thought it was an evolution process as the races moved away from their origins in africa

• Blue eyes is a genetic mutation itself, going back only about 5000 years. A mutation cannot spread that much far in such a short notice. Not only Asian people, anyone who does not have a European background has brown-black eyes.

• Dark hair fancy ehh? Well evolutions has nothing to do with it but i love my long dark hair many of my British ladies in my college says they fancy the dark hair i dunno why but many of them have told me

• I don't have a fancy for it, it's nice just like any other hair color and my question isn't about whether it's considered beautiful by society or not. Just wondering what the evolution reason is, which is far more interesting.

• Oh yes its considered beautiful by society smooth strong dark hair who doesn't love that been to france and i have seen french girls and latina specially love black hair :)

• Probably because their parents did. And so on.

• Black hair is dominant and so are dark eyes the light colored eyes and hair seen in Europeans were mutations differing from the original humans of society which had dark eyes and hair

• They didn't really effect life or death so both separated subspecies of humans didn't die off and darker skin wasn't important in the less arid regions of Europe compared to Asia

What Girls Said 4

• hmm, I can explain the type of eyes, but the dark hair and dark eyes... I think that is because dark eyes are dominant, and because it is quit often sunny in asia right? (from north Europe , rain, rain, rain) if it is sunny, it is very handy if you have a lot of pigment to protect you from sunburn and UV rays. But this refers more to Africans... maybe there is truth in it for Asians as well.

• We were made like that so we would get on better.

• Does chinese and hawaiian count as a mix?
    my hairs super light brown and my eyes are hazel 0_0

• We are rats.. Kidding.. If you watch man of journey in YouTube by pbs, it explains. Google bushman and Asian eyes also. We look a lot like them. Our ancestor came from there and went to China and then went to Europe .

• Vitamin D could be absorbed by sun and northern part of the earth have less sun so white skin is better for obsorbing vitamin d.

• Haha, love someone who can laugh at themselves!

• We r more like plain or blend. No character. White people look wild on the other hand.