How do you, as a person most decide what is right and what is wrong in society?

• Religion (Christianity, Judism, Hindu, Islam, etc)
  • What your parents teach you
  • What the Government dictates
  • By how your friends act
  • What the schools teach
  • There is no "right" or "wrong"

Most Helpful Guy

• Technically right and wrong do exist.
    The fact that you can understand this sentence means that you understand the right way to write English . The fact that you see can that this sensence is grammatically incorrect means that you understand the wrong way to write English .
    Thus, right and wrong exist.
    Right and wrong is more tricky when it comes to morality. We think rape is wrong, but Animals do it a lot in the wild. We as a society want to become better than before we strive to be better and do better. In order to achieve this we needed rules and beliefs to help get everyone on the same page in order to work together and progress. Vikings raped and pillaged their way through countries, it was what was right for them their way to have more and do better than before. Other groups and cultures had different ways to progress that avoided raping and pillaging...
    leaving us where we are today no inherit right and wrong but beliefs and rules that define what is right and wrong.

What Girls Said 9

• Personally, it is a mixture of nurture and conscience. My parents taught me by their example They would also reason with me to teach me right from wrong , so this was instilled in me from a young age. I tend to let my conscience guide me too.

• Will my actions hurt someone? If yes, do not proceed. Will my actions be detrimental to myself? If yes, do not proceed.

• I decide not bybthe principles I have been thought, but by what I think is the most righteous way to decide

• For me its the bible and my relationship with it.

• People paying more attention to celebs and reality TV than world matters

• Nothing that you listed rightly describes my moral compass

• There is no black and white
    It's all just gray
    A matter of perspective.

• Really... That thinking could justify anything, including the murder of 2 million jews in Nazi Germany

• That's completely different and afraid to inform you but I'm not a prostitue.

• Its no different. Just getting you to see that everybody judges. In fact, its a survival instinct..

• By the way I feel about it. No one can deeply affect me yet.

• G) What you think it`s right/wrong

• But that's basically my question. What source did you use to get to those beliefs? You had to get it from somewhere.

What Guys Said 12

• None of the poll options had much at all to do with my moral compass. I'm sure some of those have influenced me over time, but not so majorly as I'd say they are the 'one' reason behind it, the main reason, which is simply a rule I've constructed for myself. Don't hurt others. And that's pretty much how I 'decide' as you say.

Out of these, if I had to choose, it would... probably be my parents, as they didn't 'teach' me so much as just acted on their consciences and I observed and agreed, but we definitely have different opinions in some areas of what's right and wrong.

• I listen to those who have a strong desire to teach others, even if I don't always agree with their teaching. They obviously CARE about other people in a deep way.

I've recently learned quite a bit about right and wrong!

• I actually base it on the data I have gathered up to this point, which to be fair is all of the above except religion, and what makes sense most to me. But I voted the last option.

• There are only two ways one can have moral absolutes. God or the Government. You can follow the laws of God or you can follow the laws of Man. Those who do not follow the laws of God will become reprobates and be given in to their own desires thus destroyed physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually.

• Vote G : my own judgment and brains

• I chose F because this is a very difficult question to answer since all of the above play a role.
    I'd say for me it's a combination of B, C, D, and E. What religion teaches is present in all the other forms such as don't steal, don't murder and e. t. c.

Each person is raised in a different environment which makes "right" and "wrong" relative and since society doesn't push for a universal right and wrong to be applied everywhere it will remain relative.

• I think option B had biggest influence on my life

• Does it threaten lives or livelihoods?
    Does it oppress?

Mainly common sense, morality, humanity, and empathy

• I pick and choose what is right and wrong.

• I decide on my own, where is option G? Do I really have to depend on someone/something else for that?

• morals don't exist.

• I think a little bit of everything there is no right or wrong answer..