How can I stop the US from burning to the ground?

This country just gets worse and worse.

Corrupt, irresponsible government that spends like crazy and really doesn't care about the well-being of the citizens.
Borderline police state which ignores or blatantly violates the rights of MANY people.
Makes a big deal out of nonsense like attacking the Confederate Battle Flag, something that a lot of good, brave men fought and died defending.
300 million people are supposed to accept that five social liberals who don't even care what the Constitution says claims that it gives the right to gay marriage.

I could keep going on, but I am sick of it. I don't know what to do and people who love their countries shouldn't let them be burned to the ground by traitors and immoral tyrants.

Most Helpful Guy

• too many sheep spoil a country.

What Girls Said 2

• Well gay marriage does follow the constitution, so I don't see how that's wrong.
    Also you say brave men fought for the confederate but renewed those men were traitors to the United States (they wanted it to burn to the ground which is ironically what your trying to stop it from doing), and racists which conflicts with basic civil rights.

• tell that to the president our country own money to lots of places

What Guys Said 10

• I never understood the Confederate flag thing. Why is the South so big on that? You went to war, you lost, it's over, and not a soul on this planet was even alive for said war. Since then it's been adopted as a symbol of racism. I know there may be other things behind it, but it's gathered enough of a negative connotation to it that inspires negative feelings with many groups of people. I love in Massachusetts, and I'll occasionally see them, and I'm like "what the fuck? You don't even live in the south!" And the worst one I saw was painted on the tailgate of a truck in some country hick town I was in, and they had a stuffed animal monkey hanging by its neck and dragging for the bumper. I was horrified. There's is no question of the racist intentions there. I don't want to paint every single confederate flag waver as a racist, but I still don't get it. Why are people all caught up in celebrating a country that was around for like three years and never even really became official, and that they weren't even alive for? And furthermore, that country was all about slave ownership, although I realize te Civil War was about more than that, but that was a major sticking point. I look at that period of the South the way I'd imagine i'd want to look at the Hitler era if I was a modern day German, I'd want to sweep that under the rug, not celebrate it.

• C-, I should have proofread for all those grammatical errors, haha. You win this round, autocorrect...

• That's a fair point, it was only the wealthy plantation owners who owned slaves. It just comes down to public usage like I said. I don't think the government is going to crack down on personal use. But I just don't get the hype about a 150-year-old now-defunct nation that has no effect on any of our lives. I'm from Boston, but we don't hang 13-starred Colonial flags all over the place. It's 2015, history belongs in books, not practical usage. Again, if you want to put a flag up on your property, knock yourself out, and I guess we just have to trust that you aren't racist and celebrate it for nobler reasons. Unfortunately, in the past 150 years, that flag has become very offensive to many groups of Americans, so flying it loud and proud isn't as innocent as you might intend. Believe me, I hate stuff based around hurt feelings, but in some cases, it's warranted.

• It is not defunct. I want a new CSA. Secession is needed now and anyone who does not realize this is foolish

• then move on 2 another country if u r not satisfied wid urs... but approvin gay-marriage was a good thing in my opinion, people shouldn't b ashamed of their sexualities

• Like the forefathers even had a concept of gay marriage. Stop pushing 21 century ideals on 18th century ideals. The whole amendments thing was so that the constitution could be added to with future generations as new issues came about.

• If your country went very conservative - A lot of those 300 million would feel disenfranchised - You will have to wait for elections and see who the majority vote for to see what happens next.

• Doesn't matter. Most supreme court justices will stay for decades... and damage is done. Radical change is warranted

• Well, you can't right now.

It needs to collapse first into few separate countries. Via bankruptcy or civil war, who cares.
    Then whoever will catch and execute all liberals (and then those who show up on their funerals) first will get an upper hand and actually will have a chance to start re-building the nation/country (although I don't think all territories will return under it's control, such as Alaska and Hawaii).

• Why not Alaska and Hawaii?

• Because Alaska is ours. Not many know, but USA never fully paid for it, we just don't raise this question for now.
      When American economy will collapse, we'll demand to pay the rest; they won't be able to do it (because dollars won't be worth the paper it's printed on) and we'll either take over by force (the poor, after all, cannot have an army) or they agree to give it back, while we give back money they gave us long time ago. In both cases, of course, I consider the inflation, so those millions may turn into nowadays (!) tens of billions, so it's all fair.

Hawaiians (I mean native ones, not those that destroyed it in 1893 and annexed after 1898), are on good terms with Chinese folks in many ways. There are plenty of possible Casus Bellis that can be raised by China because of that. Due to lack of money and influence, USA will be forced to surrender it (or sell it for a simple fee), plus I don't think the locals will be against crawling out of economically dead country.

• I guess start using all the tears you're crying to put the fire out

• Alright, here's what ya do.

Step one:Learn wilderness survival.
    Step two:Move to Alaska
    Step three:Enjoy

I feel for ya, but people ain't perfect, so a government sure ain't gonna be. If ya want it to change then get involved with politics and change it from the inside out.

• I am trying to get involved. They reject me constantly

• Congrats on your skills, but no matter how talented someone is, there will always be aspects that can be discovered and improved upon, the idea that it's not possibly you is like saying you're too perfect to improve.

• I am treated like dirt. That is the point... too much to understand in a few sentences :/

• Hmm set aside a bit of water each day to prepare for the flames I guess.

• It's doing decently enough.

• If you have a problem with democracy then make yourself heard. If sarah pailin can get elected then why can't you

• I tried... I couldn't get anyone to help me run against MARK FREAKING SANFORD... the biggest disgrace ever