What's your opinion on short men? 5 foot 6 under?

IM Online dating with a guy who is 18 and claims to be 5'4
I myself am 5 foot tall. But knowing myself I've never been exactly physically attracted to a guy that's under like 5"7 . can I still date him? We're meeting in person soon and j don't want this to be an issue for us because I do love his personality. I just need to be attracted physically as well u get me?

Most Helpful Girl

• Is he attractive to you otherwise? Like, take height out of the equation: do you like his face and body type? If you do, and you're only 5' yourself, then I'd say give him a chance. He's still 6 inches taller than you.

I'm 5'6. I've dated a guy who was 5'7; he was really cute and funny. As long as the guy is taller than me, I'll give him a chance. I do have a preference for the 5'10 - 6'3 range, but height isn't everything.

• He's cute looking.. But I'm unsure because I haven't really seen his face enough to know. And he's 5'4 by the way !

• oh I'm sorry, I completely missed that! I can definitely see why you are concerned. Online dating is nerve-wracking enough as it is, but probably even more so if you're not totally sure what the guy actually looks like, and if you're hesitant about dating someone so short. You're not shallow or anything for feeling this way.

If the attraction just isn't there for you for whatever reason when you guys do finally meet, then don't feel obligated to date the guy. Be honest with yourself. But good looking short guys do exist, and I don't think anyone should be ashamed of dating someone shorter than their usual preference if they actually end up liking the guy, if that makes any sense?

Basically, just do what feels right. And be safe when meeting!

What Guys Said 3

• They are human

• lol, that's short, most women don't like short guys, guys know this to be true.

• My opinion is that YOU DECIDE if you like him because YOU will have a date with him. Not the rest of society.

Who cares what people think... Don't let them cloud your judgement.

That's like chicks who want to be super skinny because they're brainwashed by the medias...

What Girls Said 3

• Myself personally I don't think I would date someone only 4" taller than me, it would be hard for me to get passed that thought. BUT however if he's a real good guy and you wish to date him you'll definitely look past the height.

• I am never really attracted to guys that height either.

• Just meet him. And if there's absolutely zero attraction, then do what you gotta do.