What's your opinion on America legalizing gay marriage and making everyone take down the confederate flag? And why?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the discussion is and was way too black and white and thus the current outcome will be ending up into something which lacks proper thinking it through.

Several issues I see with it:

1. Marriage in itself has always been a religious establishment. By making gay-marriage legal it's literally spitting on all these religions.

2. There are a few tax- and other advantages which are solely there to support the creating of a family aka child-bearing. Gays can't biologically get children for obvious reasons.

3. Adoption here is an another problematic aspect. There is quite a lot of scientific research on the absence of a father- or mother-role and it's harm on the childgrowth.

4. Further weakening institution of marriage itself.

5. Will churches end up - just like that bakershop - to be forced to perform such a marriage?

6. It could be a slippery-slope to polygamous marriages and other problematic ideas.

7. Ignoring the high numbers of domestic violence and such among gay and lesbian couples. That surely will become an even bigger issue with them marrying.

8. How exactly is marriage a right to begin with?

9. What about non-gays marrying in order to gain benefits?

inb4 you homophobe / term of your choice which is meant to shame me

To the confederate flag: As far as I know it has always been a flag for rebelling rather than a symbol of slavery and only few abuse it as a symbol of such.
    Nonetheless it is part of American culture, especially the southern states - independent of it's association.
    Not to mention that banning something, because a few dramaqueens (that includes guys as well) are offended, is just plain stupid. The world isn't made of pink cotton candy and banning never solved any issue - it just conceals it.

• the CSA seceded to keep slavery. and there's no evidence that single parent households make less stable adults.

• "and there's no evidence that single parent households make less stable adults."

Maybe you should not talk out of your a** before making a statement. Prettymuch all statistics about the topic come to the conclusion that children of single parent households are way more likely to be school dropouts, suicidal, become unemployed, have anger issues, become criminals etc.

The list is pretty much endless.

What Guys Said 15

• I agree with the first one. But you got the second one wrong, they want to ban the flag in public spaces, but if you wanna have it in your house, you're free to do so.
    I agree with both things, I'm all for gay marriage, and I don't like the confederate flag, but if people wanna hang it in their own property they should be allowed to do so.

• Clearly, they are violating the rights of Confederate gays.

• I have no problem with gay marriage and I suppose the flag was offending a proportion of the population

• It's a great first step but to make real progress we need to get rid of a lot of the other arbitrary restrictions and get religion out of it. If everybody isn't equal then nobody is.

• Nobody is being forced to take down Confederate flags, government officials are deciding not to fly it on government buildings. I agree with their decision.

Gay marriage should be legal, so I agree with the decision.

• i'm a democrat (not the party). i believe in a free society for all. what gods wants or thinks is moot, frankly irrelevant. and the confederate flag stood for racism, and is used to promote racism.

• Legalizing gay marriage: Never mind gay marriage in itself but rather that the court essentially stated gays have equal minority protection status as blacks. This will result in gay rights activist targeting free speech across to the country with violent aggression. They have been the leading voice in the political correctness culture. This is a profound threat to democracy.. And if you are Christian. Your TOAST

Confederate Flag: This issue is moronic a distraction..

• I'm just neutral with everything

• there distractions.

2 things that really don't matter.

• Because the definition of Freedom is forcing the majority to obey the loud minority.

• Finally America is getting out of the XIXth century.

• I don't care really.

• Completely ignoring the gay marriage part, the court's decision is a pretty heavy-handed blow to state's rights. Now the court has the precedent to strike down ANY law that a state passes through democratic process.

• Iam pretty conservative.(Yeah yeah I know you are shouting BIGOT BIGOT!!) But homosexuality usually is formed from a distorted/absent father or mother figure. The health risks is incredibly high due to certain body parts being used for the "incorrect purposes" I feel its a direct result of the divorce rate that has skyrocketed. I honestly feel sorry for homosexual people and I wish I can help them somehow. There is hope guys.

• Homosexuality has been around since pretty much forever. In ancient Greece and Rome it was accepted and even expected. Just saying.

• Yeah I know pedophilia also. It is Christian influence that obliterated it in western society now its almost gone and we are on our way back to Greece...

• 2015. It's about damn time

What Girls Said 2

• I never really understood why gay marriage was illegal before from the start and I live in jersey so I don't really see the flag that often

• I like it!!