What does it mean for you guys to have a goal in life?

I had a conversation with one of my closest friends about his recent breakup. He said that something that 'turned him off' about his girlfriend was that she had no specific goals in life. And now it makes me think about myself... not that I like him or have feelings for him, but it just made me worried about my own personal progress. I have the basic goals such as getting married, having a family and have a job that I will love, that I'm good at, and will never feel the need to take vacation from (I want to be a personal trainer and a health specialist). What are you guys's opinion on this? What are your goals in life?

Most Helpful Guy

• You have very good goals..😊

My goal is to become a good motion graphics designer and then a VFX artist!!! 😊... if you don't know what I am taking about... Vfx means visual effects and animation which you see in movies...😊

Don't worry about your goals... Your partner should move you for who you are... And not your goals..

Maybe you friend fell out of love and used her goals as a excuse...

• *should love you

• Well, I loved the practice, drawing and all, but I hated being told what to make or having to follow assigments. I still use my skills though, I make and copy fan arts.

• Oh thanks 😊

What Guys Said 7

• Sure I have things I want to change in my life. But if they're somehow not good enough for someone I'm dating, that is their problem.

I think most people would like to improve their circumstances, but some are stuck or flounder or are moving in reverse.

• career, personal, a wide range of stuff. he probably means that he wants a woman who has ambitious, not just laze around and do shit.

• My goal at this point is to finish my RN degree (registered nurse) and also live in with my SO. That's my goal at this moment

• Your goals sound good - I don't have any just be content in life

• Having goals means you are too close minded and authoritarian.

• Goal is to buy a house in 15 years ;_; for 500,000

• Ambition makes people think you will be a provider

What Girls Said 1

• Well my goal is to obey the Ten Commandments and eat healthy (and cheaply too).