Can we as black people get over this tired race stuff?

Its not even fun anymore..

Who cares if somebody doesn't like you because your black.. Country is too diverse to even think about ish like that anymore. Most black people I know dont even trace thier ancesrty to the U. S., theyre from Africa or the Carribbean and wanna just live life.

Most Helpful Guy

• Interesting how many totally missed your point altogether. Or totally ignored it. you're correct in my opinion. It's not about liking or being liked. It's about getting along in order to get things done in order to make real progress which benefits all especially future generations. Those that don't want to move forward or don't have the ability or don't want to learn how - leave them behind. Those that just wing and need to hate for hates sake. Those addicted to hate, who can't get on without it.

You don't need to "like" some one to be able to get along with them enough to get something important accomplished. You don't have to be liked to be able to get a job done or live in
    A better neighborhood of community.

And disliking a whole group, culture, ethnicity or race of people because of onr's limited negative experience with a few is just an irrational excuse to hate on a large scale.

I say let those that need to hate, addicted to it be miserable and don't concern yourself with them. Leave then to their misery and continue moving forward in relative peace and harmony doing your part to get along. Be the example and the fruits of that will be your happier disposition and peaceful life. Compare those who put effort into just getting along and those that cling to hate. Who looks, acts, is actually happier?

What Girls Said 4

• Thank you!!! If you are black, that would be a super refreshing perspective to see on social media. Mind, I only bring up race because I've seen others, ie, whites and Asians, get shouted down for saying the same exact thing simply because they were 1) not black, and 2) a "privileged class", therefore any contrary (emphasis on contrary) opinion they held on the subject was "invalid" or "ignorant."

Open minds like yours will lead to real progress and heal the divisiveness that's been festering.

• Well race is not only a black issue. So even if we get over it, that's only one part of it. I don't focus on skin color. I don't feel anyone should. But how would you like someone to react to being mistreated due to their skin color? How much ignoring do you expect them to do? I don't disagree with what you're saying, but it's definitely not that simple.

• Its actually very simple... Everyones not liked for something and they pretty much get through life just fine.. Skin color should be no different

• There's so much more tied to race tho.

• Hi there!
    It's very sad that society has treated this issue like it has. All I can say is that there will always be racism.
    I hate to say it but it's human nature for someone to dislike anybody who is different from them (whether it be: skin color, hair color, religion, culture)
    I've been in a few conversations where someone says the work "black" and other people consider them racist; and yet saying the word "white" is totally fine. I just don't get it.
    I think the best way, in general, is to be confident in whatever race you are and be proud of your family and ancestry. Also, to learn from other people and their culture/race.

• Even if we get over it, there will still be people who have issues with skin colour, so it's not as easy as just completely ignoring it. Racism is deeply ingrained into society, you can't just run away.

• Yeah but who cares if someone has a problem with your skin color? You can't force anyone to like you

• I didn't really mean people who don't like you, not everyone is going to like you regardless of skin colour, that's a fact of life. The reality is that at times people WILL actively use your skin colour against you to the point where it exceeds a simple contempt for you. Imagine meeting the girl of your dreams but you can't be with her because you're black, and her parents are racist. Being given a higher sentence than your white counterpart for the same crime. Or having your CV for a job you applied for thrown away because you have an 'ethnic' sounding name. It's more than just people not liking you.

What Guys Said 8

• As long as people notice skin colour there will be racial tension

• There's going to be racist people no matter what and that is just wrong, but there's nothing really we can do about them

• as long as there are idiots there will be prejudice and ignorance. we should probably have a holocost of all those intolerant and single minded then the would would be a better place for the people who just want to get along.

• To be honest dude I'm seeing more white people getting offended about slavery lately than I am black people. Black people are painting their cars to look like the General Lee and posting pics of them with Confederate flags while all these liberal white people get offended. It's hilariously ironic.

• hqhahaahahahha... retard. Look, racism still exists. You have a point, doesn't mean you cannot have a chip on your shoulder, but then i doubt you're black. if so, you'd have at least some issue with racism.

• I didn't say it didn't exist. I said, who cares if it exist. Do you have a a real world situation where someone was racist to you? Regardless, You can't force anyone to like you, so you can "fight" it all you want I just think its wasted energy..

• Im definitely black. Over militarization of police is a legit problem bit its not race specific. Focusing on most of that stuff is lightweight mental illness to me. Its Just taking you down a endless black hole. If "black lives mattered" blacks wouldn't be killing each other at higher rates than all those things you mentioned combined. Your going to spend your whole life caught up in that without ever actually enjoying your heritage and culture.

• ok... but then you reckon blacks should get killed by hte police for no reason other than they are black? and you reckon you as a black preson should be discriminted against.. ok.

• I say no. We need to keep fighting until we are free from the chains. If we give up now then the elites/white man wins.

• All are from Africa. Caribbeans too. And it's a bit hurtful when you're walking to the store and some white person screams racist things toward you. When you want to date a girl and her dad tells you no cause you're black right to your face then come back to me

• Why are you dating white girls anyway

• Has nothing to do with skin colour. We just clicked

• Remember your origins it will help you overcome racism.