Do you base ugliness strictly on appearance?

Would you say someone was ugly as a person if they were nice but just weren't physically attractive?

0|0
9|22

Most Helpful Girl

• I would never say someone is ugly as a person based on physical appearance. However, when I see someone for the first time, I do judge them physically first, only because its the first thing we get from them. Not that I think they are ugly, don't think I ever think that of anyone, but I do think the opposite if they are good looking. I think wow they are beautiful but that is just physical first impression and can change given their personality. Numerous times, the physical appearance of someone I've met has changed in my eyes based on their personality and kind of person they are. The not so attractive ones can become very attractive if they are a nice person and so called beautiful people can become quite ugly if they are a nasty person.

1|0
    0|1
    • You never seen my ugly face.

• Lack of self esteem and confidence definitely adds up to the ugliness factor, just sayin

What Guys Said 22

• Ugly personality makes the person ugly to me. No amount of physical appearance can fix being awful that being said an "unattractive" person with a great personality automatically becomes far more good looking to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Whether or not I see someone as good looking is 100% based on looks.

Whether I'd date them is like 45% looks 55% personality

0|0
    0|0
  • Straight up yes, ugliness and attraction is entirely looks based. If there was a beautiful women who was terrible racist she would still be considered hot simply because she's attractive. Now let's say there is a un attractive women who has a heart of gold she would be considered ugly all based on looks. a lot of people will say "Looks don't matter!! Be your self!! I only find nice attractive." They mean well but there lying to you, attraction is entirely look based, a good personality is just a desired plus. It's unfortunate, but it's true.

0|0
    0|0
  • No a person can be attractive and have an ugly personality

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup. Being nice isn't going to make me find you physically attractive. If you look like Rosie O'Donnell but you're as nice as Mother Theresa, then you're just a nice person; You're still ugly.

Men are visually stimulated; Women are mentally stimulated.

0|0
    0|0
  • Im sorry but yes... For me it his strictly based on appearance..
    I am the kind of stupid guys that are easely strang along by looks... That said a girl can be a horrible person she still has the looks.
    A person who his ugly.. well sh'e pretty much ugly no matter what redeeming qualities...
    So I will always choose looks over anything... I am a weak person

0|0
    0|0
    • Turn off

• Yea I mean... Im just not enough of an hypocrite to deny it... I LOVE PRETTY GIRLS, Not ugly ones...

• Yeah, for me ugly is just about appearance.

0|0
    0|0
  • It can also be based on personality.

0|0
    0|0
  • Super model looks can never make up for s ugly personality. And negative personality traits can make a person really ugly.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think ugly is primarily used to describe appearance other words tend to denote bitch like behavior. Like pompous, someone can't really be pompous in how they look but rather in how they act.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not necessarily; it's a mixture of both

0|0
    0|0
  • pretty much
    i use nasty to describe negative personalities

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I'd still think they are ugly but probably wouldn't call them ugly to their faces if I could help it.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is physical ugliness and mental ugliness, then I will definitely base physical ugliness strictly on appearance.

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually a nice personality comes with beautiful physical appearance.

0|0
    0|0
  • no. Some is on attitude and demeanor and personality

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, i would.

0|0
    0|0
  • I already know I'm ugly. When a female says a guy is nice its a way of
    calling them ugly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Generally yes. If u have looks u care about it more. Just a rule.

0|0
    0|0
  • First thing you can judge is appearance.

Personality can make it either better or worse.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I've known some hot chicks that were incredibly cruel, mean, and belittle other people. I despise that and instantly found them uglier than a piece of shit.

0|0
    0|0
  • Behavior can be ugly

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• No. Its also intelligence but I will not think a good person is ugly if they are physically unattractive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all. You can be ugly on the inside as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I found someone unattractive, i'd just say they were unattractive. Ugliness really is more of a personality thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not based on appearance alone. Someone could have a revolting personality, which would make them ugly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, I personally don't think anyone is 'ugly'. That's a strong word. But for sure there are truly ugly personality traits that some people have.

0|0
    0|0
  • I kinda go based on personality. The better the personality the more I find the person attractive. If they're a crappy person and naturally attractive I'll be turned off and not into them at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • nope because some people have ugly personalities

0|0
    0|0
  • No because I don't judge people on looks

0|0
    0|0