Ccompared to other countries, why is the US not the best at volleyball and beach volleyball (its own sports)?

The question says it all.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just because it's their sports doesn't mean they'll own for sure

• In basketball we are #1, In baseball we are #2, In softball we are #1, and in American football we are #1 and these sports are made in america.

• I know brazil is a tropical environment so I can see why they are good. But we played the sport longer than them.

• Yeah that's true ahah

What Guys Said 3

• A lot of countries who originated sports are not best at them now

• England isn't the best at association football nor rugby union (sports it claims to have invented). It doesn't matter.

• Ya but when in comes to American sports, we're number one except for volleyball.

• This is because there is a Nba , NFL, NHL, Nascar, Formula 1. Basically national league for main professional sports. I don't find that volley ball gets a professional league or at least one publicized by the media. So people show less interest that my theory.

• But volleyball is very popular in high schools and in colleges in the US. Why doesn't this translate to good results professionally? And I see lots of people playing volleyball in the beaches.

• What do you mean?

• Since volley ball training programs are a rarity in Europe and Brazil more people use them. Kind of like since precious stones is bought every day because they are rare.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm just guessing here but I think it is because most American cities have winters which means you can only practice for about 1/4 - 1/2 of the year while people living in Brazil or Africa could practice everyday.

• Americans prefer sports with more violence?

• But volleyball is very popular in high schools and in colleges in the US. Why doesn't this translate to good results professionally? We've played volleyball longer than any other country.

• But guess who's 1st in the baseball rankings, japan. And we are 2nd. So were almost in 1st place at our sport. But we are not ranked in the top 5 for volleyball and beach volleyball which is also our sport.

• Invest money in volleyball programs instead of football and basketball.