When someone is talking "shit". Aren't they asking for it?

Yesterday I was at a friends house and she was having a party. There was this guy that was continually talking about his car. He took a bunch of us out to look at it. His car was a 1977 Trans Am. A very nice looking car that was in really good condition, he was talking about all the work he did to it to make it faster. I told him I liked the car. He asked what I drove I pointed to my car which is a 2014 Mustang GT. Immediately he says "Do you want to race"? I said no. He then says "Are you scared"? I kind of laugh and walk away. Over the next couple of hours everytime I got near him, he was taunting me and challenging me. Finally I had enough of his talking. I said okay. There was a big empty parking lot near my friends house a bunch of us went there. We raced and it wasn't even close. I blew his doors off.

After the race I didn't gloat or make fun of him. We all went back to my friends house and this guy was pouting and upset. Someone said to me that I emasculated him and I shouldn't have done that.

What? I complimented his car. I turned down his challenge to race numerous times, I listened to his taunts. Then I gave him what he wanted which was a race. I didn't make fun of him or talk any shit after the race, even though I'm almost postive had he won he never would have shut his mouth.

He talked and talked and talked and then he lost and was sore loser.

What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 3

• In stock form, your 2014 Mustang GT makes almost twice the horsepower of a stock 1977 Trans Am. Just how much work did he do to his car, for him to think that he would have beaten you?

Don't get me wrong, I like both of your cars. But I think that race was a bit of a mismatch and I'm surprised he didn't know that.

• Anyway to answer your question, I'd say yes, shit-talkers are asking for it. I really can't stand cocky people. He pushed you and pushed you until you were out of patience, then you smacked him down. Nothing wrong with that at all.

• Guy's a moron. A 2014 Honda Accord would probably beat a Trans Am, nice as it was at the time, in a race.

• Everything in the late '70s was really under-powered. Great-looking cars, though.

The fast Trans Ams are the early '70s ones, and the late '90s to early '00s ones. Now those would have put up a fight!

• You did the right thing. Haven't you ever watched Fast and Furious? Suki kicks people's butts. So did Letty. You gave him an out and he pushed it. He got his butt handed to him. Don't feel bad at all. If anything, you should feel proud.

What Girls Said 2

• There's nothing wrong with what you did

• Yes they are.