Is a 19 year old with a 32 year old odd or acceptable?

And they're both mature.

Most Helpful Girl

• Like I always say, legally, nothing is wrong with it. However at these ages, the people are at different phases in their lives. At 19 you're probably thinking about your education and having fun, which is great. At 32 you're probably thinking about settling down, getting married, having kids, a career. This relationship will be difficult because one of them might not be comfortable not being on the same page.

What Guys Said 20

• It's acceptable if they both find it acceptable, sure.

• It's none of my goddamn business. That's what it is.

• Unusual but acceptable. A good friend of mine has a child in a relationship with exactly that age difference. Works for them. :)

It raised eyebrows in the beginning, though.

• The age gap is irrelevant and people who are mentioning you being in different 'phases' of life are talking bollox. Not every 32 year old wants to have kids or get married you dumbasses and they could have LOTS in common for all we know. Stop judging people based on how many years they've been alive (unless they're an actual child).

• I worry that seeking validation from people on the Internet (as an anonymous asker) for your important life decisions is a mistake. Ask someone in your life whom you trust will be completely honest with you.

I think that you've already made up your mind, are experiencing disapproval in real life, and turned to GaG for support. I could be reading it wrong, but this sort of thing happens all the time in life. ASK SOMEONE WHO IS REAL TO YOU, if you truly want to know.

• If he's got money it sounds about right.

• The asker didn't even state the genders of the people involved. Could be that the 19 year old is a guy. Or that both are guys. Or girls.

• Yeah I was only addressing one possible scenario so I must be wrong. I'll check to see if other people who disagree with you can get caught up in a technicality.

Thank you for making me see the world through the correct lens. You have changed my life.

• I think it is a stretch personally but they are both of age

• Age is irrelevant with connection the only thing that matters

• Seems fine to me.

• NO!!! Sorry to behave like your Father... But NOT for me to say the least...
    Do what you want that's just my honest opinion on it

• it is fine if they can find interest in each other. It would be hard for a 19 year old to offer much, I would assume, to a 30 year old. It is doubtful it will last.

• It's legal and it's upto them two

If it's low risk I'd say nope. She's too immature 90 percent of the time at that age.

• i don't see the problem.

• Technically the people in question would both be majors so...

• Find by me.

• love wins right? you and your cat is acceptable too, based on the homophile's "logic"

• Both are adults, age is just a number, I don't think there is anything unacceptable in that.

• A 19 year old is not mature. And a 32 year old wanting to date a 19 year old is not mature either

• I would automatically think the 32 years old guy is a looser.

• Legal, but not likely to work out

What Girls Said 22

• I would think that they are at completely different stages of their lives. The 32 year old is most likely looking to settle down soon, while the 19 year old has just begun to experience what early adulthood is like. This could cause some problems and conflicts in the relationship, even if both of them are mature. I don't think it's odd or unacceptable, but I do think it's a slippery slope that not many people would be able to overcome, due to the differences. A lot of 19 year olds aren't ready to settle down, whether they'd like to admit it or not. People always talk about teenage years affecting people the most, but I do think that the changes still affect a lot of people well into their 20's. After all, our brains aren't fully developed until our mid-twenties or so. And a lot of young people want to experience what life has to offer before settling down. Let's face it, 19 year olds have barely even lived.

Again, I'm not saying that it won't work or that it's odd or unacceptable. It might very well work. But odds are that it won't.

• As for people thinking that the "different life stages" argument is BS. I don't think it is, at all. The majority of people do want to settle down in their late twenties to thirties. That doesn't mean that everyone wants to, but it's such a considerable amount that you can't simply ignore it. Same goes for teens and people in their twenties wanting to explore life and freedom.

• eehhh a bit too much for me personally.

the "and theyre both mature thing" I'm sorry to say, is usually not what it seems.

• Hot hot hot hot hot !!

• Legally fine. People in her life will likely be worried, people in his life will likely judge. It's unlikely they will work out due to being in massively difference phases in their lives. But, it's perfectly legal.

• This should be best answer giving many real aspects. I often don't get the people of gag.

Why the down votes?

• It's alright... I mean they're both legal. One of my closest friends got into a relationship with her current boyfriend when she was 19 and he was 39. So yeah, the two individuals can do as they please as long as they both understand what they're getting into. Personally though , I wouldn't get into one, since I prefer a guy who is closer to my age.

• It's seen as a little weird... a lot of people might not like it... but legally there is nothing wrong with it.

• In no way is a 19 year old mature enough to date a 32 yr old. They are on completely different levels of life and experiences.

This is coming from a 20 yr old by the way.

• I m 31 and dated 20 yr olds on the lat week. Your right 90 percent of the time about these scenarios. They don't have much to offer a 30 yr old...

• Well other than the fact that you are in very very very different areas of life, the fact that they were in 8th grade when I was born would freak me out.

• Legally it's acceptable but honestly it depends on what they both want. I have a friend that was 19 when she started dating her boyfriend who is 10 years older. To this day, they're still together. They're not married yet but they're happy with their relationship because they've made it work.

• I think that it's okay but it does sound weird.

• You are legal, right?

• It's acceptable

• Odd in my opinion, but to each their own.

• I guess so... I mean I dont care it's their choice... But I just think like financially there would be many issues

• weird? not unusual though. whatever. i don't think it matters, but if that person happens to be one of my friends? Heck she's gonna answer hours of interrogation from me!!!

• its depending upon you

• Yes, its legal and completely acceptable if they're both happy / healthy together

• Which one is 32? The guy?

• Acceptable :-) it's 13 years diffrence so nobody can say: he could be your dad. lolz

• It's a little much but it's not horrendous. I was 20 with a 32 year old.

• What do you mean by "mature"?

• No not to me. It's too much age difference