Since we live in a deterministic universe, and free will is a myth, shouldn't mass murderers deserve equal rights? Why not?

First off they are born this way.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2810667/Are-thugs-BORN-not-Genes-associated-violent-behaviour-identified.html
As seen there.

Plus since free will does not exist, they cannot help themselves, nor can you blame them for their behavior.
I can only hope for one day that the supreme court rules in favor of murder. Because we should change the defintion of murderer to handshake or something else.

All because they can't help themelves they are born that way. Not to mention this deterministic universe and the absence of free will.

0|0
2|11

Most Helpful Guy

• Remember what happened last time when scientists "identified" a "gay gene?"
    Studies like this are far from conclusive.

Plus, most people inherently know that murder is wrong. You can try to rationalize it away until the cows come home, but people do know the difference between right and wrong.

Why are you calling a universe with quantum mechanics deterministic?

0|1
    0|1
    • Very good.
      You are not a moron.
      (no im not being sarcastic.)

What Girls Said 2

• are you going to try and justify everything and use free will and equal rights as scapegoats?

0|0
    0|0
    • Sure why not?
      If you can do it with gays why can't you do it with everything else?
      Prove to me that the logic of "you are born this way" therefore does not validate acceptance across the board?

• Are you that guy who is really fucking upset about gay marriage being legal? Because if you are, then you should just fuck of already.

Mass murderers are killers, they take peoples lives. They DO harm others, get it?

0|0
    0|0
    • Gay marriage DOES harm others, so shut the fuck up. GET IT?
      It can bring huge financial and emotional stress.
      Homosexuals can sue people who are exercising their religious beliefs. For example, a heterosexual married couple with children who do not want to rent a room in their own family household to homosexuals could be sued for discrimination based on "sexual orientation." This can incur significant financial and emotional stress upon the family, not to mention the "prior restraint" effect of the fear of being sued, which results in a family not renting out a room and losing the income. In addition, consider the 2015 Colorado case involving a baker who refused to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple's wedding on religious grounds. The subsequent fine of $135,000, upheld by the Colorado Supreme Court, bankrupted the baker. Was that not harmful? Of course it was, not only to the baker and his family, but to countless others who were denied the baker's services. Pfft.

• Show All
    • Im not gonna try to explain, you have proven yourself incapable, of understanding even a very simple sentence.
      I don't care if you're gay, you are still a bigot and have homophobic opinions.

• you're the one who said homosexuality was a CANCER.
      SORRY sister, you're the homophobe.

What Guys Said 10

• Good logic and I accept it to a degree but other part of me screams that there must recourse and punishment maybe I do believe in free will because I think the presence of punishment may dissuade some from committing crimes

0|0
    0|0
  • Since everything is preordained it doesn't matter what we think because this is all part of the master blueprint of the universe, including your question and this answer.

0|0
    0|0
  • If free will is a myth and we live in a deterministic universe, the laws that punish mass murderers were meant to be and this discussion is pointless because they will either continue or be replaced according to fate regardless of what anyone says.

0|0
    0|0
    • True, but one could argue that this conversation is fated but it also is a part of the causal link which causes the rights for murderers to get equal rights.

• Which wouldn't change the fact that whether they have rights or not would still be predetermined. The laws currently in place would be appropriate because of the same chain of events that eventually lead to them being repealed. Both states would be appropriate for their relative points in time.

If free will doesn't exist, making arguments is both meaningless and inevitable. If free will is a myth, so are our perceived emotions about morality.

• The fact taht they are predetermined doesn't mean there aren't causal links in a chain of events leading to any action.
      A+B+C=D.

IF free will doesn't exist there is no appropriate or inappropriate label because there is no absolute truth value which states something is or is not a or b.

They would be meaningless only in the sense that they are inevitable. They would have meaning in the sense that they are deterministic.
      A just so happens to be B. why? Just because.

• Free will isn't a myth. Any attempt to rebut free will rebuts itself.

0|1
    0|2
  • They are not born that way. It's all about conditioning.

0|0
    0|0
    • Prove it.

• The field of psychology pretty much already has... read into it.

• Because nobody is able to know their future, mass murderers have the intent of destruction in them when they take illusionary choices towards destruction.

0|0
    0|0
  • Seems like another exuse for not taking ones responsibility

0|0
    0|1
    • Yup. No one actually believes that free will is a myth. If they did, we wouldn't have a legal system.

• Show All
    • If you have read Stephen hawking you would know he states free will is a myth. And yes, he actually believes it.
      Not to mention i have spoken with tons of people and not to mention there are a ton of atheist websites that promote the idea of there is no such thing as free will.

• Free will or no free will, I want to make my chosen still

• prove that free will doesn't exist.

0|0
    0|0
    • Read Stephen hawking. He does a pretty good job.

• Because of the linear nature of time's causality, there is only one possible outcome for every given action. All other possibilities are false from the moment they are created.

• How can you say free will doesn't exist?

0|0
    0|0
    • Tell that to stephen hawkings and a majority of atheists.

• They should wind up in thunder dome. "Two men enter one man leave"

0|0
    0|1