Tattoo advice please :)?

So I am considering getting my boyfriends name tattooed..
I know what everyone is thinking and I understand completely. I get a bit frustrated when people get their partners names tattooed aswell. Haha :). But I've been thinking about it for about a year now. I'm really not the type to hate someone after a break up either. He has done a lot for me, ever since we met. I was going through a suicidal stage and he was the one that got me out of it, that's something I really couldn't pay him back for.
He really does mean everything to me. If we did break up I don't think I would want to get the tattoo removed, as he did do a lot for me, and I won't forget that :).
Also his name is a spiritual one, so if it ends badly, I can tell people the meaning, instead of saying it is my ex,

Also he shortens his name, no one knows what it is.
So if we did break up I could just tell people the spiritual meaning cause no one knows his full name

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a cute idea, and that's a very unique name 👍🏼 But instead of getting his name, why not get a symbol or number or short phrase that signifies something important about your relationship? For example, two hearts (💞) to remind yourself how lucky you are to be in love; words like "I'm loved" or "I'm beautiful" or "l'm lucky" or "I'm worth it", either in English or your preferred language, to signify how he helped you come to accept and love yourself; or another word, symbol or phrase that will always be there as a reminder of how much you've grown during this relationship.

Keep in mind that you should be getting this tattoo for yourself, not for him! You can thank him in many other ways, such as spoiling him rotten and treating him right, but a tattoo is something you should only get for yourself. It's going to be on your body and you're the one who will be seeing it for the rest of your life :)

• Thanks! :) yeah that's a really nice idea. But I think I'd prefer his name, cause in all honesty, he helped me through a very hard time for me, if it wasn't for him I know I wouldn't gone through with suicide. So even if we do break up, and I meet another man and end up having kids with this man, I will look down at my tattoo and I'll know the reason I made it :)

What Guys Said 8

• The "no one knows his full name" thing will not work on future serious boyfriends for very long at all. And if he found out he'd be crushed.

OK just imagine fucking a guy and constantly seeing the name of some girl he loved so, so much--BUT NOT YOU--that he had her name put on his skin. Before that situation cratered. Now you get to fuck right next to it!

Always in your face. For life, even, if you get (otherwise) happily married.

You are contemplating the biggest mistake you would ever make.

• My boyfriend has his ex's name tattooed. I couldn't care less? Cause I'm not pathetic like that

• But forget what I said. Go ahead with the tattoo.

• Alright thankyou

• Don't do it, seriously don't when and or if things don't work out between you to you'll have his name on you forever. And then you''ll have to explain to other boyfriends or crushes, whatever who he is and what he was to you.

I've known far to many people make that mistake already.

• I wish people would read it to the end. :( his name is a spiritual name. And he shortens his name so no one even knows what it is. So I could just tell people I got it for the spiritual meaning and no one would know

• Thankyou :)

• I'm gonna have to say don't do it. The only way I'd tattoo a lovers name is if she's been mine for years and we have a family of our own.

• Honestly, I wouldn't do it. Even if his name does a spiritual meaning, it's not a good idea. Also, you have no real way of knowing if you two are going to be a couple for the rest of your life.

• If you're ok with it, go for it! I have two tattoos, and love them both.

• Thanks :) what do you mean both?

• I have a tiger on my right arm, an anime character on my left. Love both of them as much as the day I got them. It hurts like a bi***. But it's worth it in the end.

• As long as you like it :) and yeah for sure. Thanks, I swear you're the only non-judgemental person haha

• just dont... please... just dont

• No cause if you break up with him then you have it there with your current

• Tattoo advice: don't

What Girls Said 4

• well, i think it comes down to ur confidence on how long you could potentially last. leave the emotions out for a bit and think of the future. think of whether he is THAT GUY who u can be with forever. but it's not just about u. he has to see that too.
    if one of u doesn't, then dont even bother getting that tat. if u have confidence in each other, go for it. just remember that love is a 2 way thing. if u get his name and he leaves you, u will break a little every time u look at his name on ur skin.

• Yeah I've thought about it for about a year now :) I thought I owe myself that, and the tattoo will be booked in 2 months so I have time to really think. And as I said, if we did break up I'll never forget what he has done for me, if I end up happy with another man, at least I was around for that :) I know I would've gone through with suicide if it wasn't for him <3 I couldn't think bad of him (if) after we break up. One day if I'm not with him, and have my own little family, at least he got me through that time so I could live my life.

• well it's good u c him in this light.
      i just want u to remember one more thing. hun, i know what it's like to be totally head over heels for someone. however, when u ask for advice, please keep in mind the words of those who have an opinion that is different to urs.
      take it from strangers- they wouldn't say it for no reason. i feel i wanna help u but part of me also feels ur set on this anyway, based on what iv read in other comments. just be careful is all I'm saying.

• Thankyou x

• you should never get a tattoo of a lover's name. Regardless of how in love you are because life happens. Shit happens. I have a full sleeve and 7 smaller tattoos around my body and I do have my brothers name tattooed on my collar bone but that's because he passed away.

Family member's names and children's names are the only ones you won't regret. Family will always be family.

But,-- over all, it's your body and you can do what you want. just make sure you really think it through.

• please don't do it... i don't think its a good idea

• bad idea... what happens if you two break up?

• Um did you read it all? I only put it up a minute ago, so you wouldn't of read it all :) please read it to the end

• it's just that people have regretted it in the past almost all the time regardless of what you are saying