Would you be okay if the leader of your country did not believe in God?

• Yes
  • No
  • Not Sure.

Most Helpful Girl

• Religion doesn't define whether someone is a good person or not.

I've met plenty of "religious people" who go to church every Sunday and are good at reciting the bible.
    Just because someone can preach faith and belief doesn't mean they are a person of such morals.

Usually some of these people are the very same people looking for loopholes in their religion (To make wrong... okay) , and are the biggest sinners (hypocrisy at its best!).

You can be a person of value and high morals without a religion.
    It all comes down to the individual themselves.

What Girls Said 19

• Yeah, because morals and foreign policy don't originate in religion.

• I'm pretty sure my president doesn't believe in God per say (maybe ancestors but I can't be sure) so it's not really a issue to me.

• I don't see the value in it. Canadians tend to leave religion out of politics anyway. Our current prime minister is an evangelical Christian but has never made any mention of it (nor have his opponents). His private life is irrelevant to his job as prime minister.

• I'd prefer it because if your justification for things was "an angel came to me in a dream" I have to question your judgement.
    Also I feel like religion plays way too big a part in government desisions and I really hat how in forced to surrounded by things because the bible contradicts it

• I don't care as long as people don't try to impose laws that are based off of their lack of/belief.

• I don't think that all people who believe in God are automatically less selfish than others.. so I'm ok with it.

• I wouldn't really mind because whether or not he believes in God has no effect on how he runs the country, therefore no effect on me. However, since I am Catholic, I would prefer that he does believe on God, but that goes for anyone.

• Yes, because he doesn't. He's pretty cool.

• as long as he subscribes to a unitary rather than dualistic logic, i'm okay with it

• I think that a lot of what has happened lately wouldn't have happened if not necessarily had a religious person but just someone else as president. It would be very nice to a have a Christian president.

• Probably not since atheists don't have the same beliefs as Christians.

• Who cares?

• Definitely.

• I'm not sure I think it would intefere with their view point and morals.

• I'd be more okay if he didn't, but I don't care if he does.

• I am indifferent towards it. I look to God and his Kingdom rule to solve mankinds problems not a "human". So a country leader not believing in God is irrelevant to me

• Assuming he wasn't against religion I'd be fine with if

• I believe in God but when it comes to politics I'd much rather prefer having a leader that does not mix religion with government.

• Yes I would be.

What Guys Said 16

• There's a management theory called.
    "Tone at the top" .
    How the middle-management just becomes an extension of the person at the top , adopting similar views and practice to please the big man.

I'm not sure if I want an entire government of yes man with a heavy religious incline leading a multicultural society of people with many different beliefs and background.

• I'd be very curious what he replaced God with. It would make a difference. It already is making one.

• I'd be quite happy with that actually. No more attempting to force his religious ideas upon a nation.

• I feel like laws should change with time, but religious states lend themselves to having undisputed laws. If it's not a religious state, it doesn't matter.

• I would not be bothered

• Not only would it be OK, I think it would be better.

• I wish he didn't, that way he'll be more open minded and separate state and church once and for all.

• It would be better.

• I don't know why it's not required. Separation of church and state.

• Each person/individual can believe whatever they want. The president is no different.

• As long as they're nothing like Stalin, Bonaparte, Than Shwe, Kim Jong Il, Mussolini, Zedong or Pol Pot and they are a fair and just ruler I see no problem.

• yes, it would.

• Yeah. Religion is separate from government

• I'd prefer it. Filler

• Yes because whether he does or not, God allows him to be elected. God has his hand over history.

• Without this belief he can't be our leader, that's a necessary condition here.