Is it true that life does not get any better, you just become stronger over time?

I have heard this from others. Yet, I have also heard that it does get better. And I have also heard from relatives to not take life so seriously. Honestly, I am just depressed in every way. Where do I go from here. I am on medication, but my thoughts and perceptions are constantly being altered.

Most Helpful Guy

• There is some truth to this statement. The fundamental quality of reality does not change. Even if you get rich, you will still have emotional pain, catch cold and get tired every day.

What changes is that you learn to adapt to these demands in the most efficient way. Adaptation is an absolute key to survival.

What Guys Said 3

• Yes, it does get better, with many wonders and precious moments of all kinds. It's just hard to see them when you are down in the jungle of it all, winding your way down the river, unable to see around the bends. But the treasures are there! It's all perspective, and it requires you to maintain a wide-view lens, as well as having a positive mind :)

• Life gets better on the decisions you make. The stronger your decisions, the better your life will be.

This is what I think, you agree?

• I doubt it

What Girls Said 1

• Life is what you make it. If you don't get better with time then life won't either