Are the words "whine" or "whining" overused?

Do people use the words "whine" and "whining" too much when describing other people's behavior?

• Yes, "whine" and "whining" are overused
  • No, "whine" and "whining" are not overused

Most Helpful Guy

• I find an awful lot of words overused and their true meaning gets lost often but that said it is preferable to the new generation of language that we are subjected to. It is so bad that I get very "Butthurt" hearing this drivel and some say English is a dying language.

What Girls Said 2

• No, I think it is used appropriately.

I myself am a whiner. Don't get me wrong, I will do my crappy job but I will whine if anyone asks me how's it going. I know its not the best quality.

• Thanks for sounding off. Don't forget to vote if you haven't.

• I don't overuse it personally. But I see an awful lot people that display this behavior that aren't 3 year olds. The only time I get whiny is when I'm over tired. So maybe there are just a lot of over tired adults in the world. lol

What Guys Said 4

• Not really, I mean some people overuse it I'm sure but I don't hear it so much that I would consider it overused.

• No, not overused because the simple truth is that people in this day and age are simply huge, entitled and spoiled whiners. The Internet in that regard is the grease that makes the 'whining gears' turn so much harder.

• no but in my house wine is overused and people get too drunk.

• No, people really are whining way too much these days.