Has anyone seen the movie Downfall?

I felt a little sad for Hitler :(

Most Helpful Guy

• I've seen it, it's a very good movie, very realistic and historically accurate. But I'm starting to think it was made mostly for Germans. The Third Reich is a big deal in German schools, we learn much more about it in history class than every other nation. And being somewhat educated about the subject is really important to understand the movie. Yes, it does portray Hitler as a believable human being, and that makes it a good movie, but it's not enough to make me feel sorry for him when I know so well what he's done to other people. Apparently, most people outside of Germany only know Hitler as some kind of cartoonish supervillain, and when they realize he was human, they're taken aback. But I'm gonna say it again, that movie was made by and for historically educated people. No one even tried to portray Hitler in a sympathetic way. They're just being realistic.

What Girls Said 2

• No and from your reaction I never will

• I have not and I don't intend to see it.

What Guys Said 4

• Yes, I did see it. I felt more sad for the nation once rich with art, history, and culture and yet became so enamored with a delusional and murderous madman and now has that stigma on them.

I feel sad for you for feeling sad for the aforementioned delusional murderer.

• It was a great movie

• Hitler loves that circumcised penis.

• the movie was great. Didn't feel sad for hitler though... he got what was coming to him