Would you take it personal if your employer didn't pay you on time?

I am really taking my situation hard.

I think they could of had our checks their Friday . Instead of having them mailing them out. I think something is wrong with that picture
The fact as feel they are screwing over good employees and don't realize it by not paying them on time.

Most Helpful Guy

• You should not take it personally as in "god damn it, my boss thinks I'm not worthy." Or "this guy is doing it on purpose to get back at me". But I can see how this can affect you if you cannot pay the rent on time or eat. That's not a situation I would wish to anybody. Ask your boss what is happening and why they can't pay you on time. Have a chat with them, show them that you understand things might not be going that great for the business and ask if there's something more that you can do to help. (loyalty goes a great way). But also don't forget to remind them that this gets in your way and others (like the landlord) might not be that understanding.

What Guys Said 9

• I would quit getting my work done on time too. I would look over my contract or talk to a union rep to see what can be done to make sure they always pay me on time and what steps I could take legally.

• Nah, not really to be honest. I'm not super pressed on money, but it certainly IS unprofessional, especially when you're hard on cash, some people really need that money to be on time and it very much matters to them, understandably so.

• That is abuse of your employer/employee trust - It needs to be clarified people arrange their bills around their paycheck

• Yes coz thats my money

• I'm having the same problem.

• We must have the same employer

• I would, and I have. It's very personal and supremely disrespectful of you and your efforts. People have died for less. Don't take that shit!

• Gone through this a lot.

• I would get pissed but not personal.

• Who is your employer? Small, privately owned business?

• Does it matter? By law the still have to pay me in a timely manner.

• I'm asking because realistically, they could be bankrupt and close shop, in which case you are never going to get that money. The law can require all it wants, but if the business doesn't have the money, it can't pay.

What Girls Said 4

• It depends how much I needed the money. If it means I can't make rent or eat for a couple of days I'd be upset. If it meant I can't afford transportation home I'd be upset. If it means I can't buy a video game or a birthday gift for a friend - I'd be annoyed but I would ignore if it was a one time thing.

• I am an adult so I have responsibilities. I agree with the first few sentences.

• It's very disrespectful to do that. My mother is in a similar situation.

• If you have an agreement that they will pay you on a certain day then that is when they need to pay you. You should be upset if you are not paid

• It's really pissing me off! this is the first time this happened to me. I. can't even. enjoy my weekend.

• It's a business. I do the work, they pay me. That's it. No excuses