Is this common?

I really love music. Sometimes (all the time actually) I hear someone talk and I hear 3 words in the exact form they were in in a song and I instantly remember the whole lyrics + melody. Additionally I hear about 2 seconds of a song, just some stupid melody, not even necessarily text, and I know what it is. I'm not talking about some catchy chart shit music, i sometimes remember lyrics from when I was like 6 years old and couldn't even speak English but just heard it that way (I'm german). Additionally to that I'm able to reproduce it exactly and I easily get annoyed and notice it if someone misses a single note or even pronounces a part of a song different than it was in the original. Is this normal? Every time I tried to talk to people about that they gave me weird looks so I just wanted to take the chance and ask properly, thanks in advance!

Most Helpful Girl

• You, my friend, are the next Mozart. Only he was born in Salzburg, Austria... Lol
    I say you have a good talent and not waste it.

• Well... I'm from Germany. Close enough.

• True enough :P still though, I think that's a real talent you have. If you use it the right way I'm sure you can get a ton of money.

What Girls Said 1

• yes it is it happens to me sometimes

What Guys Said 4

• Some people are like that

• Sounds like you love music. You should pursue it.

I'm a very isolated person. Every now and then I find a song that makes me feel connected. It means the world to me. :)

• What do you think is right, don't care what other people think

• these happens sometimes