Gamers: Which next-gen console do you think is the best and why?

Before I continue, I'm going to make one thing clear: YES, I know PC gaming is superior in every way. But this question is only about the CONSOLES, so any "PC gaming is the best" or "PC Master Race" comments will be flagged as nonsense.

Okay, so I know I've asked this before, but the reason why I'm asking it again now is because of what happened this past E3. Back in 2013, the PS4 blew the Xbox One out of the water due to Microsoft's DRM bullshit and the PS4's overall specs as compared to those of the Xbox One. Yeah they reversed it after the extensive backlash they received from gamers, but it wasn't enough to repair all the damage that resulted from it. But NOW, Microsoft not only took very big steps in the right direction, they're now actually giving Sony a run for their money. During this past E3, Microsoft announced that they're were not only going to start implementing modding capabilities into the Xbox One (starting with Fallout 4), but later on this year they were going to make all Xbox Ones backwards compatible with Xbox 360 games. And not just with digital downloads of the 360 games, but with the actual physical discs. THIS is how the Xbox One should've been from the beginning. Now, PCs have always been able to mod and be backwards compatible with almost any console via emulators. But the reason why this is still a big deal is because it was commonly accepted that it would be almost impossible for next-gen consoles to play previous-gen games due to the significant difference in hardware. Plus not everyone has the money to buy a good pre-built gaming PC, nor the time and/or experience to build one themselves. I was originally planning on buying a PS4 once I had the money to do so, but now I'll get the Xbox One instead. I would only change my mind again and buy the PS4 if Sony decides to do the same thing, which is unlikely.

TL; DR: The PS4 used to be the superior console, but now the Xbox One could possibly be it due to what happened in E3

• Microsoft's Xbox One
  • Sony's PS4
  • Nintendo's Wii U
  • I don't know/care, show me the results

Most Helpful Guy

• The Wii U is a joke -- or is rather marketed more towards family friendly or casual gamers, so I'm not even going to mention that.
    Personally, I like the PS4 / Sony exclusive games more than Xbox, but I know that differs for everyone so I'll disregard that.

1.) For specs in GPU, PS4 wins. (1.84 teraflop GPU vs 1.31 teraflops)...
    2.) For RAM, it is controversial in how they are used so I'm calling it even...
    3.) For the look in the graphics, PS4 is slightly more clear. (Look up comparisons on youtube if you don't believe me). It also runs at a higher fps on 1080p than xbox one...
    4.) For price, Xbox (at the moment) wins. They keep flopping their price everywhere, but I think it is now like $349 vs $399?
    Both controllers are good. Though I believe xbox has more pricey controllers...
    5.) Xbox has the Kinect. Sony has the "Eye." Kinect > Eye. However, I never was really a big fan of Kinect in the first place. But that is just my opinion...
    6.) As you mentioned, Xbox now has backward compatibility and stuff. Personally, I have a PS3 and so it doesn't really matter to me, but I understand how it would affect some.

My conclusion : I'm willing to pay an extra $50 bucks for a PS4 over an Xbox because it runs faster, looks better, and has the games I want. PS4 seems like a true next gen. console more than Xbox one.

Or you could always go for the Wii U. I promise I won't laugh... much. :D

• The only thing the Wii U has going for it is the new Smash Bros. game.

I personally agree with you on all of that, but the reason why I want to get the Xbox One is because once it's fully backwards compatible, the Xbox One's library of games will trample that of the PS4.

The only 2 flaws the Xbox One still has that I can think of right now is the fact that the controllers STILL use AA batteries (there's nothing next-gen about AA batteries, the PS3 didn't even use them and that console is 8 years old now) and the fact that the HDD isn't upgradeable, so you're stuck at 500GB

• Also, I'm picking you as MHO lol

• Thanks for MHO! Oh Ratchet and Clank brings back memories...

What Girls Said 3

• Hmm I would have to say Xbox one, but I heard at E3 that the DLCs for Black Ops 3 will be going exclusively to PS4 before the Xbox One which annoys me. But I'm super happy about being able to play 360 games on Next gen, I saw info about that on the Xbox dashboard. I'm also really excited for Fallout 4, by the looks of the trailer, the game looks impeccable ! :)

• I can't wait to hear about Nintendo's new console they named it Project NX. I'm curious about what crazy thing they will come up with next. ^^

• I like ps4.

What Guys Said 2

• I say overall, the PS4.

The WiiU is a niche console, it is considered an accessory compared to the other 2.

I prefer the exclusives of the PS4 over the XBox 360. The games are 80% the same between these two, and the graphics are similar, so the exclusives are the tie-breaker.

• Depends if you have a pc if you don't I'd say ps4 if you do id have to say wii u for exclusives