Question to fellow Christians?

ok so I'm a Christian and I was talking to my other friend (who's also a Christian) about this and it made me wonder a little. So you know how God created Adam and Eve to start- well first of all how do we know what race they are? (I know this may sound racist but I'm just curious). Secondly how did we get several different races from just one? I mean say they were white, a white lady and a white man can't necessarily have an Asian child. Not trying to be racist but I'm just curious, does anyone know the answer?

Most Helpful Guy

• scientist believe that the human race began in Africa, that is where they found the oldest human skeleton which they named eve they said that her genes can be found in most humans around the world. from Africa the human race spread all over the world and they adapted to whatever habitat they settled in

What Guys Said 10

• Just from people moving to different parts of the world over time and evolving to survive in that area.

• Skin color yes, but physical structure never changes. You can take a select few people from cambodia and put them in norway and over some odd years (forgot how many) the lineage will slowly become white even if they just had sex between their own race. That being said the cambodian facial structure would still be there and that would never be able to be physically altered unless they had plastic surgery therefore that is a flawed statement since a lot more goes into a race besides their skin color.

• I know more goes into race than skin color. Wasn't trying to get all deep with the answer, was just giving her a basic answer so she would understand. Physical traits can change over time. Not over a short time where we can see changes. But if you go all the way back to Adam and Eve that is plenty of time. So you saying it wasn't a first like Adam and Eve and people were just already all over the earth?

• As people moved around the world their bodies adapted to new environments

• I was taught that it wasn't so much a result of Adam and Eve, but Shem, Ham and Japheth, the sons of Noah...

• Well what if God created through evolution so that there actually was not one first man or woman. But there where many due to evolution. Do not take Genesis to literal many theologians do not believe in a literal interpretation of creation.

• I am not a Christian but races came after the sons of nah and when we started to spread in the world

• It never said there weren't other on earth created after Adam and Eve or that they were the first humans plus this is an evolution question you need to take 9 th grade biology

• Also Adam and Eve were middle eastern from around Arabia and Africa

• Great to see a curious christian ! (or a true pondering person !)
    Buy yourself the Urantia Book ;)

• first we dont know what race they were and probably never will

second if you take two people who are %100 of one race you can get all the different DNA strands you need to match with everyone. and dont listen to anyone who says genesis shouldn't be taken for literal truth because thats a lie.

• It's a complicated matter in Christianity and there are varying beliefs on this issue that hasn't been definitively pronounced. It's actually a minority of Christians (something you'd never have guessed) that have the idea of a young earth with one adam and eve. This began in the dover trials in the 1970's in the USA.

Until then, there was an idea that Adam and Eve were genetic lineages of manking of the Y chromosone adam

• As one moves closer to the equator, we typically find that people have more melanin in their skin. This additional skin pigmentation provides added protection against skin cancer, which is more likely as one moves toward the equator where the sun's intensity is strongest. It has been suggested that here we a have true example of "natural selection." (But careful now, this only means that certain traits are removed from the population, there is no new genetic information added.) It is also possible that God moved those with more pigmentation to settle in the sunnier reaches of the Earth, thus providing for their needs in this way. At the same time, since less pigmentation was needed in the colder climates, it appears that God led people who had little pigmentation to settle in these climates.

With the division of the peoples of the Earth at Babel, we have a limiting of the gene pool. Evidently, God divided the world's population into quite a number of languages, effectively cutting off certain genetic possibilities for each group, and through the generations, purifying certain traits through the marriage of related individuals. This would have the same effect as modern dog or horse breeding where selection of mates removes certain traits from the available gene pool while highlighting other traits.

Through the years, as certain traits like skin pigmentation, hair type and soft tissue characteristics became unique to various basic groups of peoples, these peoples settled into their respective areas of the Earth and fathered more tribes and nations so that today many nations are found with similar racial characteristics.

Originally, all of today's racial characteristics were found in Adam and Eve as well as in Noah. Each race today represents only a small number of the genetic possibilities which were originally created. Therefore, interracial marriages represent a recombining of some of the racial characteristics found in our first parents and an increase in the possible features which may be evident in children produced by such marriages.

What Girls Said 6

• most scientists believe that we all came from one Africa woman who lived 10 000 (or was it 20 000) years ago. They also think human beings came from one man who lived within the same time range as the woman. I heard from a genealogy on ted talks that black people are the first human beings. Other races like european or Asian are actually the descendants of the neanderthals. As time grew the black human Africans mixed with the neanderthal Asians and europeans to form the composite group of human beings that we see today. Today all human beings are human regardless of race. They also had a third group called the denisovans which were neither neaderthal or human and they mixed with human blood as well.

• That's why it's all a sham.

• You shouldn't be disrespectful of others peoples religions and beliefs... If you don't agree, don't comment.

• I've thought of that as well! I believe that As time progressed, people lived in different parts of the world. If a person lived in the hot areas, they may become darker skinned. I believe some of it was evolution to the extent of changing hair and skin color. That's my theory. Course we'll never know till we get to heaven! :-)

• Well they as God commanded were fruitful and multiplied. as time went on people started migrating and we started evolving thus what we are now. For example, I'm black so from Adam and Eve they had kids then their kids had kids... on and on eventually some migrated to Africa and became darker (given the assumption that Adam and Eve are white). Those darker people had kids with even lighter or darker and that's how we have so many shades today. as our ancestors migrated to different climates in the world and we evolved , sexual reproduction and crossing over/meiosis were factors

• I'm not sure what race Adam and Eve were but evolution caused the different races. Like for example people closer to the equator have darker skin.

• Basically they found some womans remains in Africa they called "the real Eve" they think a lot of us are related to her. Just Google the real Eve or something I don't know. It's already known humans migrated. When we migrated we adapted to our environment. All eye shapes, hair types, skin types, etc it's all suited for the environment they lived in. Also, humans especially in Europe it's now known actually did breed with orher human species, I guess that helped people look different too.